Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Captain

Default Allure 7 nt maiden, any ?

We deliberately stayed in a B1 so we could report on boardwalk balconies. Open for questions if any are still lingering, Robbie
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Robbie,
So, how were those balconies??? Good views, any noise issues??

Just wondering about all the shows, I have heard you can pre-book them, but I'm wondering how if you don't, is it possible to still get them once onboard or is that too late?

Any other tipbits you may have picked up, please feel free to post...

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 16th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Captain

Even though the slider does a wonderful job of reducing the normal amount of exterior noise, it still lets in sound from the aqua theater. We were on deck 8 and second cabin from the viewing end (#8727) and they were doing a LOT of rehearsing during the day and at full volume. We chose this to report back to a couple of customers that are interested in "Allure" or her sister but it wasn't bad as long as you knew what you were in for. Didn't even go down to see the water show since view from our balcony was SO good. Water show is very polished now and has a large cast (counted 20 including the 2 rescue divers). We went to all of the reserved entertainment plus an extra ice production (How to train your dragon) and we did pre-reserve everything online. All smooth and just present SeaPass for scan to enter venues. You can wait until you board and go to the box office OR wait until 10 minutes before showtime for entry without a reservation ( I did this for BluePlanet a 2nd time and was allowed in). DW even did the zip-line just to say she did and was third in line on a port day. It never got very backed up that we observed. Oh, we also pre-reserved the pay dining venues which I recommend.

Overall, this is a Vegas style ship with LOTS to do and see. It doesn't fit the bill for many of our customers but I enjoyed it and I think it does have a place in the market (just not sure if the market can sustain both of them).
Old December 16th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Robbie H, I am on Allure in Jan; cabin 10723; so I believe I am four cabins from the end; Since you were two decks below where I will be; do you think the noise is from Aqua theater is evident no matter what cabin or what floor you're located on? I don't have a problem with noise; so it will be a no issue for me; I am just curious. I have booked all the shows already, did u enjoy eating in the main dining room?
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old December 16th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Captain

If they stop rehearsing so much in the daytime, it shouldn't be an issue. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad. Just didn't see the need for the music to be so loud as they did their rehearsals. We have cruised so much that we don't leave the ship much and we were probably in the cabin more than most. Boardwalk is still a fun place to be and I have no regrets. As for the MDR, we did eat there 3 nights and even though it is still the same 7 night menu, everything we had was delicious and the wait team was perfect.
Old December 16th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Thanks Robbie,
Its good to know that someone like you, that does cruise often saying the food was good. I know in the past, we're all heard a lot of complaints on the food that Royal Caribbean serves, just something else to look forward to.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 16th, 2010, 08:00 PM
First Mate

How did the iPod dock in the cabin work? Did it have external speakers or go through the TV speakers?
Old December 17th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Familiar Face

Default onboard boarding pass.

Hi all! My grandson and I will be on the Allure on April 3rd. I read that you can print up your boarding pass for certain airlines while on the ship. Does anyone know how this works?
Old December 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Captain

We didn't use the ipod deck but it looked like the speakers were contained in it. We didn't print boarding passes either BUT there were 2 self-service kiosks by guest relations where you could review your account or print your airline boarding passes.

And as for the food, I don't know if the MDR will maintain this but both the steak and lobster nights had larger portions coupled with good flavor. For suites and D+, the concierge has even added a small lunch menu that looked good (but after being the first to arrive, we were ignored by the waiters the day we went in to sample this and left after watching everyone place their orders...not a warm fuzzy at all).