Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Unhappy For Those Who Have Booked A Group...Am I Going To Lose My TC Credit

I booked a group through Royal Caribbean's Groups Department. We have had our final payment date and I was given the TC credit applied to my account. There were to people in our group who have yet to pay final payment and have been given an extension till next Tuesday. But from the way it sounds I don't think they will come up with the money. Should this happen we will drop to 6 cabins instead of 8. Will I then lose my TC Credit. I am so nervous because it is a large amount that I don't know if I can come up with should I lose the TC Credit. I know I can just call and ask but I'm just nervous and thought I would ask here first. Thanks ya'll!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2011, 09:11 AM
First Mate

I would agree that you would lose any discount as your group no longer qualifies a "group" sailing. You need to book and pay for 8 cabins in order to get one passenger fare for free. The passenger fare they use is the average of the most kinds of cabin catagories booked. For example if 6 of your 8 cabins are inside cabins and two are Grand Suites; you'd be eligible for one person fare off your payment for the cost of a first passenger in the inside cabin. Sorry about your situation; sounds like the last two cabins are going to hurt your discount.
Old January 17th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I'm actually surprised that they would credit the TC berth amount to your account before final payment was made.

And, yes, if you're down to 6 cabins, I think it's a sure thing that you'll lose that credit.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 17th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I was suprised also. Thought they would wait until everyone paid. Buton final payment day we all made our final payments and when I made mine she had me pay the remaining balance that remained after deducting the TC credit. The other two still have not paid their final payment and were givin an extension till next week. Uuurrgghh! I am so scared now. How am I going to come up with the TC amount?
Old January 17th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Well, I sucked it up and called them. I would lose my TC credit Crossing my fingers that they pay!!
Old January 17th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Absolutely lose your TC but you won't lose your GAP points if you had any.

Too bad your friends are letting you down. Never count on the TC til the 8 are paid.

Celebrity Constellation - March 17 followed by Celebrity Reflection - March 22 (done)

44 cruises - too many to list however cruiselines are in no particular order:

Azamara
Uniworld
RCL
Princess
NCL
HAL
Cunard
Celebrity
and some unknown tub

Yes, I'm a Royal Chump and proud of it.
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Yes, I have definitely learned. I will keep my fingers crossedand try to come up with the money in the mean time just in case they back out. We did earn $50 per cabin GAPs so that will be great if we can keep that. Thanks for the info.