CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Pre Cruise Hotels Fort Lauderdale (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/382135-pre-cruise-hotels-fort-lauderdale.html)

SophySeaDog April 25th, 2011 04:03 PM

Pre Cruise Hotels Fort Lauderdale

Hi Everyone, Anyone have any suggestions for a one night pre cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale that is good value,clean and central between the cruise and airport? We will be on Navigator of the seas this January.We have done the eastern route a couple of times so his time it will be the western.I'v read alot of pro's & Cons on the western so it should be interesting!!

Thanks SSD

Trip April 25th, 2011 05:23 PM

Here is a linnk to hotels with shuttles...anyplace on A1A is convenient.. Hyatt Place is right next door to the Harbor Shops...a super market, & restaurants all there for you...try Priceline 4 star downtown, you can't go wrong....

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/hot...vices-fll.html

Lakers Fan April 25th, 2011 10:31 PM

I highly recommend The Rodeway Inn

Manuel April 25th, 2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1367958)

So do I. I have stayed there twice and will stay there again next year.

TM

addicted2 April 26th, 2011 12:49 PM

We stayed at the Lago Mar resort in October it was a great hotel right on the beach by the Harbor Inlet.

AF1 April 26th, 2011 01:21 PM

I stayed in Marriott Beach Resort; my balcony had view of all the ships. Next time I will stay at Hilton; it is right across the street from the port entrance, and across the street from Walgreens, for any last minute shopping. Both hotels are ten min cab ride. Marriott is on the beach, Hilton is on the Marina.

Queen of Diamonds April 26th, 2011 05:31 PM

We have stayed at the Hyatt Place, it is convenient, there is a Publix supermarket and liquor store just across the road, there are restaurants on the same block and if you want to go down to the beach there is a HOHO bus that stops opposite. Sun Trolley - Fort Lauderdale's Community Bus Service
They will pick you up from the airport and shuttle you over to the port in the am- complimentary. We book thru ValueTrips.com Travel Discounts and Specials

longbeachlarry May 2nd, 2011 05:05 PM

We like the Embassy Suites on 17th Street. It's a 5 minute ride from the airport and the same distance from the port. The suite gives us some extra room and when 3 of us travel, it's perfect since the living room has a pull out sofa.
Plus, there's a manager's social in the evening with free snacks and drinks. (they actually mix them pretty strong). There are some good nicely priced restaurants nearby. They also have a complimentary breakfast with hot and cold options. It's a pretty good deal and my AAA discount makes it even better.

luv2vacation63 May 4th, 2011 09:22 PM

I also stayed at the Embassy Suites on 17th street. If you have kids, which we did at the time, the extra space really comes in handy. And, the free, made to order breakfast buffet is really nice. The hotel was great and I will be staying there again in August for our next cruise.:)

DiamondMember May 5th, 2011 12:23 PM

Stayed at the Westin Fort Lauderdale. It's in the downtown section and about a 20 minute cab ride. The rooms were very nice (Westin Heavenly Bed) and the grounds were of high quality. You'll be a bit off the beaten path; however, it's a nice property. Also, some of the properties next to the ship are "full" of passengers attempting to get cabs and the like to the ships in the morning, which can turn their lobbies into a bit of a zoo. I prefer to stay a little farther out to avoid the congestion in the morning - just my personal preference.

CA Cruiser May 5th, 2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1367958)

Thanks Henry and Manuel for the recommendation. We needed a day room because we have a late flight and they offer one for only $50, others wanted $75 and more. Are there any food places for lunch? We can get dinner at the airport.

4myolivia May 25th, 2011 02:52 PM

We are trying the Cambria Suites in Dania Beach. Has shuttles to both air and hotel and has great reviews.

Lakers Fan May 25th, 2011 02:55 PM

Rodeway

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA Cruiser (Post 1369541)
Thanks Henry and Manuel for the recommendation. We needed a day room because we have a late flight and they offer one for only $50, others wanted $75 and more. Are there any food places for lunch? We can get dinner at the airport.

They have a wonderful breakfast menue as well as a restaurant at the facility .

Manuel May 25th, 2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA Cruiser (Post 1369541)

I like the food at the restaurant in the Rodeway.

TM

AF1 July 12th, 2012 08:34 AM

I believe the op has already sailed. She asked about hotels in 2011. Her cruise was in Jan 2012

True Texan July 12th, 2012 03:54 PM

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on 17th. They had a shuttle, $10 pp, I think. It was very clean and decent sized room. Continental breakfast and next door to the shopping center and a Duffy's sports restaurant. Will stay there again for our June 2013 cruise on the Oasis.

Manuel July 12th, 2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AF1 (Post 1438015)
I believe the op has already sailed. She asked about hotels in 2011. Her cruise was in Jan 2012

That's OK! Future cruisers can use our suggestions.

TM

AF1 July 12th, 2012 08:37 PM

You're correct Manuel. No problems here.

Manuel July 12th, 2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AF1 (Post 1438100)
You're correct Manuel. No problems here.

We are a friendly bunch, so we don't create problems.:D

Advice is allways free.

TM