Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default March 31 Jewel cruise

Anyone else in? This will be our first RCL cruise as we have done 4 with Disney and 1 with Cunard. I have figured out the carrying on water thing, but where/how do I find out about dinner? What dress is expected? Traveling with DH, and DS 11 and 7. Any advice will be appreciated!

Last edited by 2gr8brits; March 10th, 2012 at 06:55 AM. Reason: date was wrong
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Where are you cruising on Jewel and how many days? Usually with a 7 night cruise, you will have two formal evenings and the rest casual? Your travel agent should have all that information, also check the Royal Caribbean web-site for that information as well.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 12th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gr8brits View Post
Anyone else in? This will be our first RCL cruise as we have done 4 with Disney and 1 with Cunard. I have figured out the carrying on water thing, but where/how do I find out about dinner? What dress is expected? Traveling with DH, and DS 11 and 7. Any advice will be appreciated!
Hi! We're in too! My first RCL and my first ever actually...my BF has been on a couple Carnival and RCL...it's a 5 night so I'm thinking one formal night...just shopped this weekend. We are doing the 8:30 seating each night...so excited!
Old March 18th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi baxter44 - where are you from? We are from eastern South Carolina and are super excited about this trip! I think we have 8:30 dining too. DH set all this up so I really don't know for sure - I'm just in charge of packing! Does anyone know if children can wear shorts to dinner on casual nights?
Old March 19th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gr8brits View Post
Hi baxter44 - where are you from? We are from eastern South Carolina and are super excited about this trip! I think we have 8:30 dining too. DH set all this up so I really don't know for sure - I'm just in charge of packing! Does anyone know if children can wear shorts to dinner on casual nights?
I'm from Green Bay, WI and my bf is from Ft Walton Beach FL...no kids on this one so I can't answer your question...but I would think shorts would be fine for both kids and adults on casual nights...
Old March 19th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

The kids may be able to get away with shorts, but I would stick to capri's instead of shorts for adults, they do mention, no shorts or jeans, but seem to be getting more lax with the jean issue.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Welcome Newcomer

The adults traveling with us have no plans of wearing shorts or jeans to casual dinners. Were taking advantage of the opportunity to dress up a bit. Just wanted to get an idea for the kids. They ARE NOT excited about having to dress a bit nicer for dinner - but they will get over it! 7 more sleeps!