CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Excited! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/392146-excited.html)

JLI219 September 28th, 2012 05:06 PM

Excited!

Hi All,

I've taken 5 Carnival cruises and finally decided it was time to try Royal Caribbean. Will be on the Liberty of the Seas on January 14, 2013. I'm wondering if I will never want to go back to Carnival after going on RC, or is there not much of a differance?

Thanks!
Jeff

Trip September 28th, 2012 05:58 PM

Iv'e gone back and forth between the 2 lines for years,and have enjoyed both, although I haven't sailed RCI for a while.

There are die hard fans on both sides, that would never step foot on the "other" line. RCI is losing in the food catagory, from reading many posts over the years here... I've enjoyed the entertainment on both, enjoying Carnivals cabins more because of the size, I still think I could cruise both, and be happy For my taste RCI"S decor is more sophisticated, but, Carnival's new ship, the Breeze took the Las vegas themed ships of old, in a different direction, as will all the new ships to come. Enjoy your cruise!

CA Cruiser September 28th, 2012 06:04 PM

IMHO there is a huge difference. Better ship and amenities and more activities to name a few. We just cruised Carnival for the 1st time in 8 years and can't wait to go back to RCI. We did have the best cabin stewardess ever and we liked our waitstaff the 1st night in My Time dining so we stayed with them the whole cruise. The food was great but other than that, no thank you. The dinner dining room dress code is awful. The last elegant (formal) night, 3 ladies slipped on moo moos over their swimwear and got a table by us. Enjoy!!!

storybookcruises.com September 28th, 2012 09:36 PM

Having been on many Carnival cruises and RCCL cruises, I have to say I lean more towards RCCL. However, with that said, I also have to say I feel like over the last 10 years RCCL has diminished somewhat in their food quality whereas Carnival has tried very hard to improve. While the gap is narrowing, I still think RCCL has an edge. But food is very subjective and what one person loves, another will hate.

And having been on the Liberty of the Seas, I can say it's a very nice ship with alot of amenities. However, the food in the main dining room does leave something to be desired. The specialty restaurants are very good. And the Hoof & Claw English Pub is my favorite bar. Shows were good, especially the ice show, which is something not to be missed.

As Trip said, both have their die-hard fans, so you'll really have to decide for yourself as to which one is best for you. And therein lies the best part of cruising.

Pete

Donna September 28th, 2012 10:03 PM

Just keep in mind as well, even in the same cruiseline, ships differ from ship to ship. I think you will be pleasantly suprised with Liberty of the Seas...I love the entertainment that Royal Caribbean offers, be sure to get tickets for the ice show, you don't want to miss that, along with the Quest.....If you find the food in the MDR not to be to your liking, do try the Windjammer for dienr too, we foud it quite good and much faster. Please report back after your cruise and fill us in..

thecruisequeen September 30th, 2012 08:03 AM

Enjoy!!!! Liberty of the Seas is a great ship!!! Freedom class are my favorites!!

Linda A September 30th, 2012 09:01 AM

Jeff,
When I was in charge of planning a family cruise in 2010, I looked at Carnival Dream, because it was new at the time, and RCCL Freedom of the Seas. The big claim to fame for the Dream was a huge TV near the pool. Freedom (sister to Liberty) had full basketball court, golf simulator, miniture golf, ice rink, boxing ring, climbing wall and the flowrider to name a few. We were looking for activities for ages 7-60 and hit the jackpot with Freedom of the Seas. We have been on Carnival and RCCL and have had a blast on all of them. RCCL just seems to have more to offer. We will be on the Independence mid January!!! Have a blast on Liberty

Linda A

SusieStone October 2nd, 2012 09:18 PM

You're Gonna Love It!!!!

[QUOTE=JLI219;1448544]Hi All,

Hey, Jeff:

Carnival's fine. Royal Caribbean is good. Celebrity is even better.!! Try
Celebrity next time (after Royal Caribbean). Royal Caribbean is supposed to
be the "lower" end of the Celebrity-Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. But I
don't think Celebrity costs any more than Royal Caribbean.

If you've never been on a cruise to Greece...starting saving now!! It's
the absolute best cruise I've ever been on (and I've been on 46 cruises)!

It's awesome you're excited about your cruise! Have a great time!

Bon Voyage!

SusieStone

Manuel October 2nd, 2012 09:48 PM

[QUOTE=SusieStone;1449048]
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLI219 (Post 1448544)
Hi All,

Hey, Jeff:

Carnival's fine. Royal Caribbean is good. Celebrity is even better.!! Try
Celebrity next time (after Royal Caribbean). Royal Caribbean is supposed to
be the "lower" end of the Celebrity-Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. But I
don't think Celebrity costs any more than Royal Caribbean.
!

SusieStone

I will second that emotion.

TM