CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Freedom late seating time (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/392695-freedom-late-seating-time.html)

Lindalou October 24th, 2012 03:31 PM

Freedom late seating time

Wodering if anyone has sailed Freedom lately and what time is late seating in the dinnig room

seadog2 October 24th, 2012 03:35 PM

Sailed on the Freedom this past May and I believe it's 8:00 pm. I had the early seating and it was at 6:00 pm.

Donna October 24th, 2012 05:21 PM

Just remember, you can always go to the Windjammer Market place for dinner too, if that is too late.. I was pleasantly suprised at how good it was, and much quicker and easier to make shows.

Manuel October 24th, 2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1452435)
Just remember, you can always go to the Windjammer Market place for dinner too, if that is too late.. I was pleasantly suprised at how good it was, and much quicker and easier to make shows.

Good advice, I did that a couple of times on her sister-ship the Liberty.

TM

storybookcruises.com October 24th, 2012 09:08 PM

Dining times on the Freedom of the Seas are:

Traditional Dining:
Main Seating - 5:30pm.
Late Seating - 8:00pm.

My Time dining - 6:00 to 9:30pm.

With traditional dining you have a set time, set table, set waiters. Show times will be scheduled so no matter which time you select, you will be able to attend one of the show.

My Time dining you'll be in the same dining room with the same menu, you'll just be on a different level and be seated at a different table, with different table mates, and a different table each night. However, if you find a table, waiter, and time you like, you can request a reservation.

Of course, on the Freedom there are also some wonderful specialty restaurants like Portofinos and Chops Grill - both are outstanding but do have an extra fee.

Pete

LSuits100 October 29th, 2012 05:27 PM

Pete,
My husband and I booked a cruise for our honeymoon and we have the My Time dining. Will we be able to get a table for just the two of us without having to have table mates? We don't get a lot of time to be together, and just kind of want it to be us. Is there a way to make this happen?

Thanks!
Lindsey

storybookcruises.com October 29th, 2012 08:29 PM

Doing anytime dining is like going to a restaurant; you show up and there may or may not be a line. When it's your turn, you can tell the Matre'd your preference for a table (small, medium, large, table for two, by the window, etc.). You may or may not have to wait to get your preference depending on how crowded they are and what's available.

However, you can call the dining room during the day and make a reservation, if you'd like. And, as I mentioned, if you really like a particular table and time, you can create a standing reservation for the same table and time every night.

Pete

LSuits100 October 30th, 2012 09:32 PM

Thank you Pete!

Donna October 30th, 2012 10:21 PM

Just an FYI, noticed that going down to the dining room when it first opens, around 6:30, good line to wait in....Also remember the buffet for anytime, even for dinner, is suprising good and much quicker...you can sit where ever you wish.