Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Familiar Face

Default Attire for breakfast and lunch..

Seocond time cruiser (March 16th Independence of the Sea). I dont ever remember going to the main dining hall for breakfast or lunch on our last cruise. I'm sure it was an option, but I just dont remember it. Anyway, I'm assuming that the dress code is a little more relaxed than at dinner. Are shorts and a shirt acceptable? We tend not go to the formal nights as we do not like to dress up during vacation. If I'm on vacation I like to comfortable, wearing a tux or suit is far from that for me. Anyway, I guess I'm just curious about lunch and breakfast. Also, are the offerings in the dining room about the same as the buffet with just a different environment?
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Shorts and t-shirts are fine for wearing to breakfast and lunch in the main dining room. It's what I normally wear as I prefer eating those meals in the dining room.
Old November 24th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Shorts and shirt, or t-shirt, are perfectly acceptable.

Enjoy the cruise,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 24th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You can pretty much dress for the day and dine in the MDR for either breakfast or lunch. They do, however request that if you are wearing a swim suit, to have a cover up on...I find wearing a pair of shorts over suit works well to go inside to eat and then return to the pool..

Message Boards Moderator