CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Booking shows on Oasis (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/398313-booking-shows-oasis.html)

Queen of Oakville August 8th, 2013 01:09 PM

Booking shows on Oasis

I'm booking my entertainment now. The variety shows are pretty much self-explanatory.

But I'm finding it odd that there is only one comedy show for the whole ship? I find it odd that there would only be one show repeated every night. Or can you only reserve one show, but the comedians change each night?

Dave Beers August 8th, 2013 02:14 PM

The comedy show had two comedians in June, with each doing a set of around 20 minutes with the whole show being about 45 minutes as I recall. That was it for the comedy club. The venue is small so they have to offer the same program several times to accommodate the crowd.

The 'headliner' showtime in the main showroom might have a comedian too but that is cruise-dependent. On our Oasis cruise the headliner was some singer I've never heard of.

felix_the_cat August 8th, 2013 02:47 PM

Only one show and they repeat, as least they did on the Allure.

Queen of Oakville August 9th, 2013 11:36 AM

Interesting.

May have been the same on FOTS but I don't recall. Disney and Carnival seemed to have more comedian shows. Sometime it was the same guy but with a different set. Or he'd do a G set first, then an R set later.

I was surprised by the headliner too - that it was just one.

Oh well, doubt I will be bored : )

Donna August 9th, 2013 12:17 PM

It really is a small venue where they have the comedy show, normally later in the evening and not meant for small kids either...

Queen of Oakville August 9th, 2013 12:43 PM

They actually control that through the ticket process. I was able to get tickets for DH and myself - but due to their ages ... the kids were blocked out.

Somewhere, somehow, my DH's age was entered wrong in the Royal database. It shows my correct age (43) but shows my DH as 23. Makes me feel like a cougar everytime I go into my reservation. {dh and I are the same age}

Dave Beers August 9th, 2013 03:59 PM

I thought the two comedians on our Oasis cruise were top notch. But there was some 'language' and sexual innuendo. The host is pretty funny too and he does a little routine when the show opens while he is introducing the acts. Plus, they close the doors exactly at showtime and nobody else is allowed in which I like. There is a door connecting to the jazz club next door. Some guy stumbled in from over there and got a good razzing by the first comedian. Another guy got up and left because he was offended by the material. He tried to get out the main door and couldn't, all the while with the comedian razzing him while the guy's wife roared in laughter at her husband. Must have been a fun time later for them, because he was most definitely not happy when he finally got out through the jazz club door. One of the rules for being in the audience is that you just might get singled out and picked on a little - or a lot depending on how well it goes or what your reaction is. It is edgy in there.

aerospace August 9th, 2013 10:59 PM

Comedy show rule #1: don't sit in the front :)

Singers, acrobatics, edutainment I'm up front, comedies I'll take the last row. Some are not funny so it's easy to slip out and find something else to do.

Manuel August 10th, 2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerospace (Post 1481807)
Comedy show rule #1: don't sit in the front :)

Singers, acrobatics, edutainment I'm up front, comedies I'll take the last row. Some are not funny so it's easy to slip out and find something else to do.

Last time I was on the Oasis I sat in the front twice. I had a great time.

TM

Villager August 10th, 2013 02:13 PM

The comedy show is still the two comedians. The Headliner show is a Beatles tribute group. I just got off the ship this morning, from the August 3rd sailing. Both shows are good but I did not find them outstanding. Come Fly with Me was my favorite show, some great aerialist will keep you entertained.

thecruisequeen August 10th, 2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1481828)
Last time I was on the Oasis I sat in the front twice. I had a great time.

TM

The front row of comedy is great....Of course you have to be prepared to be picked on.....:D:-P:oops::oops::rolleyes::pLOL

Queen of Oakville August 11th, 2013 02:34 PM

thanks for the review villager!

I had to rebook my comedy shoes. I had two tix booked for the Monday night at 10:30 but then realized that the kids club goes to after hours after 10 {too cheap to pay for care}. So I exchanged one ticket and DH and I will have to do the comedy show separately.