CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Royal Ship Classes? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/400094-royal-ship-classes.html)

Aerogirl December 4th, 2013 10:14 AM

Royal Ship Classes?

Just wanting to learn about the diffrent class RC ships.
Other than Oasis or Allure what is you favorite class of Royal ships and why.
Is there a class of ship that your not a fan of, if so why.

Dave Beers December 4th, 2013 10:26 AM

I like the Freedom class. They have plenty of things to do but without the sheer size of the Oasis class, so I can still get around using the stairs fairly quickly. The Freedom ships just 'feel right' to me.

That said, I am going on my first Radiance class ship in a month. The Radiance ships have a large fan base on RCI repeaters so I am looking forward to it.

Manuel December 4th, 2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Beers (Post 1490609)
I like the Freedom class. They have plenty of things to do but without the sheer size of the Oasis class, so I can still get around using the stairs fairly quickly. The Freedom ships just 'feel right' to me.

I am in total agreement with the above statement.

TM

Mike M December 4th, 2013 11:19 AM

For me it is, hands down, the Radiance class of ship. I have sailed on Voyager and Freedom classes and but the Radiance class are, IMO, some of the most beautiful ships at sea. The use of glass and flow of the ship always gives you the feeling that you are at sea.

Take care,
Mike

seadog2 December 4th, 2013 11:41 AM

The Radiance class is defiantly nice. We have been on the Serenade OTS and the Radiance OTS and we will be leaving in 2 days to sail on the Jewel OTS. This class of ship is very nice. It has a lot of glass appointments that sets it apart from other classes of RCI ships.

Paul Motter December 4th, 2013 02:31 PM

Royal Caribbean ship classes are relatively easy to sort out...

Below Oasis/Allure (in a class of their own) you have the Freedom class, which is a larger version of the Voyager class...

That is almost half the fleet.

In post 2000-ships you have the Radiance class which are a combination of small but modern - which is why many people prefer them the most.

That is it for newer ships, then you have the older ships mostly based on the Sovereign design. These ships are older, smaller and generally run out of smaller ports or do shorter cruises.

Some have been updated, some have not. But they are my last choice in RCL.

thecruisequeen December 4th, 2013 03:08 PM

My favorite in order 1. Oasis class 2. Freedom class 3. Voyager class 4. then all the rest. Have not cruised the Radiance class yet I prefer a Promenade over a Centrum.

Up next on my Agenda is Freedom then Allure...:twisted:8-):mrgreen:

Donna December 4th, 2013 03:19 PM

If you enjoy a smaller ship, you can't go wrong with any Radiance class. They are just beautiful, and a to die for atrium...So far, I enjoyed Allure of the Seas the best over all....Has a few more details over Freedom of the Seas...I have always admired the décor on Royal Caribbean along with the outstanding art work through out their ships...

felix_the_cat December 8th, 2013 01:32 PM

Radiance class by far. Lots of glasses and not too big. We have sailed them all, most twice. We've done most of the others and their are all fine, but Radiance is number 1.

MTL December 9th, 2013 09:43 AM

RCI Classes

Hi everyone,

We are going on the Brilliance during the Holidays and she is the best.

MTL

Paul Motter December 9th, 2013 12:57 PM

Brilliance is the same design as Radiance.

I think it is pretty clear which ship design people prefer (Radiance-class). Especially with some of the recent upgrades on Radiance, these are very fine, comfortable ships, small but with a nice variety of interior spaces.

I would like to try Radiance (have never been on this class). It is similar to the Spirit-class for Carnival, small but new.

Personally, if I could only take one more cruise ever, I would pick Allure (I like big ships with lots of variety), however. But after that I would want to try Radiance.

cruzzz1000 December 20th, 2013 10:52 PM

I prefer the Radiance Class ships the most.
I like the Centrum. You can often wait for dinner while listening to music and watching people dance.
I like the Captains' Party in the ballroom better than in the "street" of the larger class ships.
Smaller is often nicer. Above 2500 passengers it is more difficult to meet people.

storybookcruises.com December 21st, 2013 02:29 AM

Having been on all the classes of RCCL ships, I agree with others; we like the Radiance-class over the others.

With that said, can't wait to see the new Quantum-class ships. Larger than the Freedom-class and smaller than the Oasis-class, so it may be a bit too large for us.

But I have to admit that the Solstice-class of the Celebrity fleet have to be our all-time favorite so far.

Pete

Paul Motter December 21st, 2013 11:12 AM

We had a similar thread somewhere and the Radiance class definitely was the favorite.

I have to say it is hard to beat the Oasis class - they are state of the art cruise ships.

iluvcruising2 December 26th, 2013 08:08 AM

Vision class

Well, let's not give up on the Vision class as yet.

We've sailed twice on the Legend of the Seas, once before and once after she was revitalized. We enjoyed the sailings very much, though the sailings were relatively short (only 7 nights).

I've put up some pictures on my blog.
Guitar 123 Singapore Food and Travel Blog! ????????!: Park Cafe Pictures - Legend of the Seas Royal Caribbean (March 2013)

At the bottom of the blog page, you will find links to other blog posts including Chef's Table, Izumi, Chop's Grille and the Diamond Lounge.

Manuel December 26th, 2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Motter (Post 1491660)

I have to say it is hard to beat the Oasis class - they are state of the art cruise ships.

They definitely are hard to beat. As of today there is nothing out there that offers as much fun and excitement.

TM

iluvcruising2 December 26th, 2013 09:25 PM

Yeah. I have heard and read so much about the Oasis and Allure, unfortunately no chance to cruise on them, yet.

Manuel December 26th, 2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvcruising2 (Post 1491907)
Yeah. I have heard and read so much about the Oasis and Allure, unfortunately no chance to cruise on them, yet.

In a few days you can make a New Year's resolution to book a Royal cruise.

TM

Aerogirl December 29th, 2013 02:22 PM

Looks as if we're leaning toward Liberty of the seas for a five night cruise. Although I had a blast on my seven night cruise I'm not sure i like that long of a cruise:shock::shock: if I decide on the seven day it will be hands down on the Allure but I'm thinking a five night with a few extra night in Fort Lauderdale afterwards .... We'll see.