CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Luggage tags (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/401123-luggage-tags.html)

Debshel February 23rd, 2014 07:41 PM

Luggage tags

I am going on a cruise in May on Freedom of the Seas and I don't see anywhere you can print your luggage tags. What is Royal's procedure for this. This is my first time cruiseing with Royal.

storybookcruises.com February 23rd, 2014 08:22 PM

Surprised your agent wasn't able to help you with this.

But after your final payment is made, you can go onto the RCCL website to do your online check-in. Once that is completed, you can print out your edocs, which include your luggage tags. Just print out as many as you need and then attach them to your luggage before or when you get to the pier.

Pete

Villager February 23rd, 2014 08:23 PM

When you do online checking you can print the luggage tags from the same page where you print your Seapass.

Debshel February 23rd, 2014 08:54 PM

Thanks but I've done my online checking and at the bottom of the seapass was only a sample luggage tag that I am suppose to show the porter a copy of to get additional tags but there were not any there to print.

Dave Beers February 23rd, 2014 09:13 PM

The luggage tag you use is included in your cruise documents, or edocs, as Pete noted. Your edocs may not be ready yet. When you access your booking online, you see two items on the right....one says "Online Check-in" and the one below it says "Cruise Documentation". If the status for Cruise Documentation says "not issued" then you will need to wait. When it says 'ready' or something like that, you can access it and you will see a detailed luggage tag to print, with your cabin number and deck on it.

Do not use the sample tag you get with your seapass, which is what you completed under the "Online Check-in" window.

Debshel February 23rd, 2014 09:41 PM

Thanks Dave. It said it wasn't ready yet. now I understand.

storybookcruises.com February 24th, 2014 02:19 AM

Worse case scenario, when you arrive at the pier, just ask the baggage handler for a couple of luggage tags and they'll give you the good sturdy kind. Just write your cabin number on it and you're ready to go.

Certainly works better than trying to attach some lousy piece of paper to your luggage.

Pete

Surfguyxxx1 February 24th, 2014 12:11 PM

With Royal, I usually am able to print the cruise documentation 30-45 days before the cruise. Find the page number that the luggage tag is on and just print that page however many times you need.

Manuel February 25th, 2014 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruise planner (Post 1495468)
Worse case scenario, when you arrive at the pier, just ask the baggage handler for a couple of luggage tags and they'll give you the good sturdy kind. Just write your cabin number on it and you're ready to go.

Pete

That is exactly what we did on our last Royal cruise.

TM

storybookcruises.com February 25th, 2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1495532)
That is exactly what we did on our last Royal cruise.

TM

Most of the time, this is what we do. Depends on whether we're driving or flying and since most of the time we're flying, it's not like I want to carry a stapler or a tape dispenser with me to attach those paper luggage tags! And since we already have name tags on our luggage, all we have to do is spend 10 seconds writing our cabin number on the ones the baggage handlers provide and then attach those on the handles. Quicker and easier, that's for sure!

Pete