Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2001, 11:36 PM
Yeoman

Default Single on Maasdam

Hey... I just booked my 1st cruise! I will be on the Aug 19 Western Caribbean, on Maasdam-Holland America.
I am truly excited, but am traveling alone. Single and 31, white professional female.
Is anyone going on this cruise? And, if not, have you cruised as a single alone before? A little nervous that I will stand out in the crowd, though I am very outgoing!
Thanks for all advice. Email to diverschef@aol.com (yep, a chef)
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Marie's

Default Re: Single on Maasdam

Hi, straight, SBF, 51. I just got finished with my first cruise. I went alone, with the attitude: NO MATTER WHAT, I WAS GOING TO HAVE A GOOD TIME!

Bring yourself and that attitude and you will have a great time. You will not 'stand out in the crowd.' There are so many people there on the same mission as you whether they are alone or with others. That mission is to enjoy themselves. Furthermore, the ship is so big, that you rarely see the same people twice.

Anyway, if you do stand out in the crowd, you may get noticed by other stand out in the crowd people -- smile.

I went alone and had a great time (I got tired of asking others to go with me). I now prefer to go with others because I want to experience and share with others the sheer delight that crusing has brought to my life. By the way, I plan a goal of 2 cruises per year.

Enjoy all of it -- it is a great thing that you are doing for yourself!

Marie
Old July 4th, 2001, 11:53 AM
beto

I went alone to the caribbean last october, str8, 32 yeras, I enjoyed to much, my recommendation don't miss the dinner you can meet people there, be sure they put you in the same table with other singles more or less your age. go to the disco, you can meet youg people there. ok, go with the attitude to have fun.
Old July 10th, 2001, 10:42 PM
First Mate

Dear Michelle,

I am a 40yo white female looking to travel as a single on the Massdam on September 2nd. I am also a bit "nervous" about traveling solo. Please let me know how you do. I have read that the average age is about 50. I am very conservative, but I really do not want to be around alot of much older people.
Much success in with trip.
Old August 8th, 2001, 02:41 PM
Beginner

First Timers....

I'm a 28 year old male that has been cruising for the past 6 years. I was tired of the long car trips and joined my parents in their annual cruise. Ever since then, I have gone on a cruise every year since. Singles cruises are the best and I would not worry about being alone. The cruise opened my eyes to people of various cultures. Throgh cruising, you meet so many people that may lead to vacations elsewhere. Through crusing, we have made friends in Sweden, UK, Africa, Egypt, India, Spain and France that have extended invitations.

Liek so many others, I just say go with the attitude that you are going to enjoy yourself. REWARD yourself for all that hardwork. I can ensure you that you will be ready to book again whe you return.

Be Safe.