CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Looking for "cruisemate" -Truimph - Nov. 2nd (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/283100-looking-cruisemate-truimph-nov-2nd.html)

David May 1st, 2002 08:19 AM

Looking for "cruisemate" -Truimph - Nov. 2nd

I have been sailing for the past five years now and I am coming with my very good friends who have never cruised before. I usually travel with my brother but he is unable to make the cruise this year. I have booked an 6a but if someone was interested, I would love to upgrade to a balcony for the extra 153 it would cost.
Anyhow, at this point, I just want to share the expense of the room. The cost is 983 per person (unless currents magazine sends a great deal in the summer issue - which is a very good possibility).
I don't care if the person is a M or F. I usually don't spend much more than 20 hours total in the room as I like to take full advantage of all the ships activities.

Annmarie June 1st, 2002 08:48 PM

Re: Looking for "cruisemate" -Truimph - Nov. 2nd

David,

I love cruising and read your note but didn't have enough info to make a determination if I wanted to pursue. Love balcony & mini-suites and would agree to upgrades, but would like to know what cruise line, where you are going and how many days. I can get a Sydney to Bangkok 18 days inside cabin for less than what you list. The balcony is double that.

Regards,

Annmarie

David June 1st, 2002 10:58 PM

Re: Re: Looking for "cruisemate" -Truimph - Nov. 2

I will be sailing on the Carnvial Triumph on November 2nd. The itinerary is the Western Caribbean and it is a seven day cruise. My friends are actually sailing with me and they are in a category 4 and they are paying 829 each for the room. I used an entertainment coupon to get 50 off of the room (to get it to the 939 dollars) and I also put a guarantee on the room which usually gets me at least a two category upgrade. Never to a balcony yet but If I keep sailing, it may eventually get me there. I have sailed all my cruises on Carnival so that helps a bit. Well, I hope that is some of the info you were looking for. Hope to hear from you.

David

volcano June 1st, 2002 10:59 PM

Re: Re: Looking for "cruisemate" -Truimph - Nov. 2

I will be sailing on the Carnvial Triumph on November 2nd. The itinerary is the Western Caribbean and it is a seven day cruise. My friends are actually sailing with me and they are in a category 4 and they are paying 829 each for the room. I used an entertainment coupon to get 50 off of the room (to get it to the 939 dollars) and I also put a guarantee on the room which usually gets me at least a two category upgrade. Never to a balcony yet but If I keep sailing, it may eventually get me there. I have sailed all my cruises on Carnival so that helps a bit. Well, I hope that is some of the info you were looking for. Hope to hear from you.

David