Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2005, 07:38 PM
MXH

Default SM-Oct 22orNov10 Transatlantic//Oct 29 Greek Isles

Oct 29 Grand Princess Greek Isles/Venice-Rome) (13 night) &/or
Nov 10 Grand Princess Transatlantic/Rome- Galveston (16 night)
or
Oct 22 Westerdam-BIG BAND Transatlantic/Rome-Ft Lauderdale (15 night)

Not looking for romance. But it would be nice if we decide to have a drink or dinner together.

Single Male - First time doing cruisemates, so not looking for F to share cabin.

Want to use my air mileage. So if none of this works out I'll probably be looking at Dec 7 Holland America, Rotterdam, San Diego-Hawaii round trip (15 day) as an alternative.

- Miles
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2005, 07:41 PM
david templar

Default Re: SM-Oct 22orNov10 Transatlantic//Oct 29 Greek Isles

these options look intesting. i live in england and love transtlantics. am male 52 single. let me know which you are interested in , itinrarys and prices
david templar
Old June 2nd, 2005, 12:38 AM
MXH

Default Re: Re: SM-Oct 22orNov10 Transatlantic//Oct 29 Greek Isles

David,

I just today finalized a 16 day Russian (Volga) River cruise from Moscow (3 day) to St. Petersberg (4 day) starting August 23. On the same day I finalized a 15-day RT cruise RT from San Diego to Hawaii on the Amsterdam (not the Rotterdam). So what I spotted for Greece this year will have to wait until next year.

However I have lots of available free air due to me so I will be open to something in the spring, when there is anothe batch of transatlantic repositionings, if that appeals to you. I especially like the big band cruises, but anything with a lot of days on the open seas sounds good to me. By the way, I am a senior who can pass (I'm told) for 68. Like to dance, socialize, read, play bridge, walk four miles (1 hour) on the deck, compatible, and I like to believe, considerate. So from my end it looks as though something might work out.

I had done the Greek Islands before, but not enough islands and not enough days. So there are lots of possibilities.

There are even a couple of cruises from San Diego, Ca., to Sydney by way of Auckland with lots of Pacific Island stops in between which are also appealing. (Shortest I have seen is for 29 days.) My wife had debilitating cancer for four years, so this cruise/travel itch has had a long time to build up steam (mixed analogy?)

So let's keep in touch. It would help if you would send me your email.

mine: HillisMX@verizon.net

For Europe or transatlantic I can use as much lead time as possible in order to snare one of the available "free" air-mile tickets.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Miles Hillis
Old June 4th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Passenger

Just posted a notice for a 12/27/05 transatlantic repositioning cruise on the MSC Opera. I'd be interested in joining you on one of your Mediterranean journeys. Love the Greek Isles! Pierre
Old June 5th, 2005, 12:57 AM
MXH

Default Re: Re: SM-Oct 22orNov10 Transatlantic//Oct 29 Greek Isles

Pierre, I just followed your response back to your 6/4 posting for a Genoa/Fr.L repositioning.

It sounds as though we might be able to work out something next year - especially if we can plan it far enough ahead to take advantage of free air. (I just found this website recently - thus the short lead times.)

I gather that you are likely to be from Fr. Lauderdale. True? I am from Los Angeles. I am a senior who, I'm told, can pass for 68. Also SWM and nonsmoker. If you want to give me your email address it would be more private than posting everything on this bulletin board. You've inspired me to start looking at what might be available next year. Perhaps the Greek Islands and/or staying on the ship and adding a transatlantic back to the States.

We are probably both eligible for either discounts or upgrades due to having taken previous cruises with the various lines.

The last time we (I am recently widowed) did a transatlantic repositioning we booked a RT air (3 or 6 months later) so we got free air both ways - but it takes a lot of advance planning. I am not suggesting that we are ready to jump into that much of a shared commitment, but it does indicate why planning ahead is so important.

My email: HillisMX@Verizon.net

- Miles
Old July 19th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Familiar Face

Hello,would you be interested in paying the other half of either of the top 2 cruises on this page?I would be more interested in going on the one to Galveston. http://cruise.com/cs/Forms/CruiseRes...DID=&LID=&AG=1
Old July 28th, 2005, 04:30 PM
MXH

Default Re: Re: Re: SM-Oct 22orNov10 Transatlantic//Oct 29 Greek Isl

IrishThor.

I am going to post a whole new message (ie, listing), since that listing was so outdated. Just look for MXH under today's date.

- Miles