CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   We have a great list of single female cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/309543-we-have-great-list-single-female-cruisers.html)

ridinsolo February 24th, 2006 05:39 PM

We have a great list of single female cruisers

remember: You you are looking at a cruise...please e-mail me with all the details and i will post it....

Please state if you can open your home at departing port for the "day before cruise" gatherings. For those of us that may need to travel the day before the cruise..

1. Is the cruise round trip. Is air included?

2 the cost

3. how many days

4. departing port

5. date of cruise

6 0R THE WEB SITE YOU FOUND THE CRUISE

I can not post a cruise unless it has all the info.
We will choose a cruise that has the most responces..I will post all cruises sent to me with all the details, and number of woman who are posting for that cruise.

Come on girls, this could be the adventure of a life time..meet new friends , AND FUTURE CRUISE BUDDIES, and talk about our next adventure..

LBSTR47@AOL.COM CAN'T WAIT ! ANNIE

penguin February 24th, 2006 06:38 PM

Do you still want us to send you this info even if we've already posted it? Are we not supposed to be posting it? I'm sorry if I sound dumb...I'm new here and wasn't sure of the protocol. I just saw other people posting for their particular cruises and so posted mine.

Thanks for "looking after us!" :)

ridinsolo February 24th, 2006 06:45 PM

i FIND THAT CHOOSING A CRUISE WITH A GROUP IS MORE FUN AND CHEAPER AND IF ALL INFO IS SENT TO ME I CAN ORGANIZE IT. THE MORE PEOPLE ON THE SAME CRUISE THE BETTER

sO EVEN IF YOU HAVE POSTED A CRUISE..YOU CAN SEND ME THE INFO

HOPE TO SEE YOU .ANNIE

ShareCruises February 25th, 2006 12:29 PM

Hi...I am sorry but I emailed you ridinsolo and you sort of freaked me out...I have the feeling you are trying to "control" this group cruise etc..and your first questions and insistance that people open their homes is simply..weird

I am gonna be real honest...I live in south florida..but maybe 45 min or hour away...I have a friend who will ride me to the port in a ford focus..

I do NOT want strangers in my house the night before, I will be doing last minute things..I dont want to cook for you or have you here...I dont want to figure out how to get you to my house, I hate the airport, I dont want to pick you up...I dont want to arrange transportation to the port, the focus wont hold any more people

I dont want people in my house, I think your "open your home" thing is really odd..and a turn off

I am interested in a nice roomate or a group cruise, i am easy going but i am not opening my house the night before a cruise or getting people from the airport to the port in fort lauderdale...sorry..

I simply do NOT think this is a normal part of this, and if it is I dont want it

I suggest we all just post what we are doing here and NOT go thru you, as I do not know your "qualifications'>>> are you a travel agent or ?

as I told you on aol, the first thing you sent me was a letter could I put people up..and that is just...odd....and i do NOT think that is normal..

maybe i am wrong, if so I am sorry but i think we all need to step back and take a look at why this one person is so insistant that people open their homes ....this is just not right...I dont trust my information with one person, let's just all post on the board...that is what the board is for right?

I dont need or want ONE person holding all the info, and you dont even let people meet each other

I am still interested in the private list or board of crusisers that some have compiled the over 50..but have NOT had a response

I may just book that singles on Imagnation, the 5 nite one...I know that I could get a 7 night cruise for about the same or a little more...but if it is this much hassle I am not sure

to be honest, your handling of this ridinsolo has sort of spooked me :(

any one wishing a non smoking cruise roomie, out of ft laud, or miami, for may?? sorry I cant put you up the night before <grin> but I am reasonable, easy going and love cruises...

email me ...cheriwave4@aol.com thanks...

ridinsolo February 25th, 2006 01:21 PM

dear "sharecruises"

your opinion is just that.

there are a group of woman who are looking for friends and fun...and don't want to travel solo...

I am just a mediator due to the fact I am retired and have the time to help put together a group to go on a cruise and enjoy the friendship.

As far as opening your home to a group of woman as a meeting piont
so that we can get on the ship together or not have to travel the day of the cruise to the departing port.. i MET A GIRL ON MY LAST CRUISE THAT LIVES IN la. AND IF WE DECIDE TO TAKE A CRUISE OUT OF THAT PORT..SHE HAS OPENED HER HOME FOR ME TO COME DOWN THE DAY BEFORE THE CRUISE, IT IS NICE NOT TO HAVE TO DO ALL THE TRAVELING THE DAY OF THE CRUISE, AND IS MORE RELAXING, LESS STRESSFULL...AND LOTS MORE FUN.

I live in northern california, and if there is a group going on a cruise from san fransisco they are welcome to stay at my house and we will get to the port together...

this is not for everybody, and that is fine...As far as feeding everyone...the last time I had friends at my house we went out to eat...and than bought snacks to munch on at night...

iF YOU LIVE NEAR THE DEPARTURE PORT AND YOU CAN ACCOMADATE FRIENDS ...IN TURN YOU WILL BE ACCOMODATED FOR THE NEXT CRUISE
FROM A DIFFERENT DEPARTURE PORT BY AN OTHER FRIEND.

i DON'T FEEL THAT i AM TAKEING OVER ANYTHING...i AM JUST TRYING TO MAKE TRAVELING FUN AND EASY FOR THOSE WHO ARE TRAVELING ALONE,AS i AM AND IF THE DEPARTURE PORT IS IN AN OTHER STATE AND YOU MUST TRAVEL THE DAY BEFORE THE CRUISE YOU WOULD HAVE TO GET A HOTEL...THIS WAY YOU SAVE MONEY AND MEET NEW FRIENDS.

sO IF IT IS NOT FOR YOU...THAT IS FINE..BUT YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE CATISH IN YOUR RESPONCE

The Cruise Guy February 25th, 2006 02:05 PM

Small question. Whats in it for you? Are you putting this group together to get the free room perks for being a group leader? Or are you going to pass the savings of free rooms to the group members?

ridinsolo February 25th, 2006 02:10 PM

THE SAVINGS

nO...BY ALL MEANS THE SAVINGS WILL BE PASSED ON TO EVERYONE.

SO, IF A GROUP OF 5 ARE GOING AND ONE TICKET IS FREE..THE SAVINGS WILL BE DIVIDED ....

i AM NOT LOOKING TO TRAVEL FREE...JUST LOOKING TO MEET NEW FRIENDS AND TRAVEL BUDDIES...........ANNIE

ShareCruises February 27th, 2006 03:41 PM

I am sorry but your control issues and your insistence on "open house" freaked me out..see here again you are pushing for the idea that people should put up others just because they live near a port??

Just because a girl you met said she WOULD invite you to her home, I do not think that you should expect this. Your first reply to me was ALL about me putting you and others at my house, and you don't take no for an answer.
I dont think that is fair or normal, also you say you will "collect' all the info and then "post" it...post it where??

I also looked up your website and frankly you have issues that people should know about....I would honestly not feel comfortable if I had to hear all about your "ex" etc

.I have booked a cruise today thru a professional group, where at least there is some travel agent who is in charge and no one is insisting to get together at my house in the suburbs the night before

I do feel people should see her personal webpage as listed on aol that details her issues>> I feel much more comfortable with a real travel agent JMO

http://hometown.aol.com/lbstr47/myhomepage/index.html

ragtiki2005 February 27th, 2006 05:13 PM

boy, i just checked out this ladies website and she is a real freckin psycho with a capital p. why would anyone want to cruise with her? :oops:

ragtiki2005 February 27th, 2006 05:19 PM

i would rather cruise with my pet cat than this lady. you have to check out her psycho website.

myfeeji March 3rd, 2006 11:30 PM

Geeze, sounds like this is off on a bad start already. I think going solo is ok after this.

Lookn4roomate March 6th, 2006 08:46 PM

Hi, I'm looking for a roommate for a cruise of the S Caribbean leaving March 12, returning the 19th. I'm a 36yr old f (I get told I look younger), living in VA. Non-smoker and easy going, looking for the same. Looking to make new friends, and just have an enjoyable cruise. It's aboard the Destiny leaving out of San Juan going to St Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, and Aruba. Any ?'s, let me know. :)

PaPatty May 9th, 2006 12:39 AM

SOUNDS LIKE A WACKO TO ME....SOMEONE WHO WANTS A FREE CRUISE AT OTHER'S EXPENSE....I'M NOT STUPID! WOULD RATHER BE SHIPWRECKED ON GILLIGAN'S ISLE WITH A CHIMPANZEE!

maerickson May 14th, 2006 09:17 PM

6/24/06 car. princess-sjuansthomastmaarten-need roommate

45 year old female needs roommate for this trip leaving 6/24/06 from Ft. Lauederdale. Light drinker, non-smoker...,love to snorkel, want to get certified for scuba diving...

The Flying Dutchman June 9th, 2006 06:30 PM

Seasoned single female traveler looking to find cruise mate

Hello,
I have been cruising for several years, almost always solo and am looking for someone of similar experience to share a cabin as the single supplement is killing me!

I have done the shared cabin with a stranger thing on a few occasions and it was ok all but one time. I went with that on Carnival and Holland America. Having found this site I thought this might be a better option to try.

I just returned from a solo Norwegian SPIRIT cruise--not satisfying and am looking for another cruise ASAP to erase that experience. I am able to travel on short notice and have been many places. I would like to go to Bermuda or the Eastern or Southern Caribbean at this time but would consider many itineraries.

I favor the traditional style cruising, not freestyle, I like to dress for dinner and am sociable but independent. I like culture, history, dancing, snorkeling,beaching and am a NON smoker and prefer an outside cabin.
Please write if you think we might fit.

firefighterron June 26th, 2006 02:07 PM

what?!?!?!

That "sharecruises" lady is nuts! I dont know if any of you have seen her website but good lord lady, you need to go back to school and take some spelling classes. Please go see a shrink too. One of the weirdest ramblings I have ever read.

gwydiana June 27th, 2006 08:30 PM

I'm confused as to whose webblog this actually is:

http://hometown.aol.com/lbstr47/myhomepage/index.html

Who wrote this drivel?