CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   FL SWM, 50 seeks F 4 bargain cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/321016-fl-swm-50-seeks-f-4-bargain-cruise.html)

fl_tpa_1956male September 23rd, 2006 12:30 PM

FL SWM, 50 seeks F 4 bargain cruise

I am a 50 y.o., swm. I live in Florida. My schedule is flexible. I would like to find a stable female cruisemate to take advantage of deep bargain cruises. There are just a few a year, I see. Trans-canal, transatlantic, etc. Mutual respect. email me at FL_TPA_1956SWM@yahoo.com. Paul

fl_tpa_1956male October 3rd, 2006 09:42 AM

Wow, this is sad. Looks like the only post I will get is to post myself.

Just to clarify. I am NOT looking for a woman for a romantic cruise. The reason I specify female is that, also, I DON'T want a cruise with a male roommate. And although many man say they are straight. I would just feel more assured with a woman.

The above being said. I really have no hopes of finding a cruisemate. What I really would like to hear about is cruise lines that have REAL special rates for singles. I have seen them. I know they are out there. I think it is only maybe 1%.

Anyways, anyone hearing of great single supplement rates (ie, cruise for one person), let me know

FL_TPA_1956SWM@yahoo.com

thanks

Paul

melimax November 2nd, 2006 10:10 AM

Hi there....I am thinking about the Celebrity Zenith cruise from Tampa to Panama on Nov. 17. Naturally, I am a bit leary of rooming with a male I don't know. If this cruise is of interest to you, let me know and we could talk and see if it might work out. I live in the Sarasota area as well. I would be leaving the ship in Costa Rica, so you would have the rest of the time to yourself. I am looking to spend the winter down there and thought it might be a fun way to get there....the cruise is only $560 pp. for 10 days.
I am a 43 y.o female, former Sarasota lifeguard. I am in a long-term relationship of 11 years, but my boyfriend can't go this trip.

fl_tpa_1956male November 4th, 2006 10:29 AM

Wow, that is exactly type of cruise I was looking for. I feel like a fool, but I already commited to Thanksgiving dinner. I will try to learn from this and try to make my schedule more accomodating.

Divemaster November 10th, 2006 02:21 AM

Interesting thread. I'm also a lifeguard (and Divemaster) and take cruises at times to get more salt water dives in (here in Texas I do alot of fresh water dives). I'm always looking for divers, etc. to share cabins to cut the single supplement. Just a share the ride arrangement.

BTW, seen The Guardian at the theater?

Quote:

Originally Posted by melimax
Hi there....I am thinking about the Celebrity Zenith cruise from Tampa to Panama on Nov. 17. Naturally, I am a bit leary of rooming with a male I don't know. If this cruise is of interest to you, let me know and we could talk and see if it might work out. I live in the Sarasota area as well. I would be leaving the ship in Costa Rica, so you would have the rest of the time to yourself. I am looking to spend the winter down there and thought it might be a fun way to get there....the cruise is only $560 pp. for 10 days.
I am a 43 y.o female, former Sarasota lifeguard. I am in a long-term relationship of 11 years, but my boyfriend can't go this trip.

melimax November 10th, 2006 07:50 AM

hey divemaster....let me know if you didn't receive that reply email.

fl_tpa_1956male November 10th, 2006 08:10 AM

This thread CLOSED, DELETED.

Wow story of my life. I set out to find a female cabinmate. And a gal that replies ends up connecting with a male, also watching the listing. It does not bother me. I am actually happy for them. I just thought it was funny.

Any ways, I am trying to close this thread because I don't want to mislead people. I have my arrangements til mid 2008. So, chances are I will not be able to go on any cruises someone might post on this thread.

I did learn something about a cruise I would be interested in on this thread. And enjoy learning about other cruises on other postings.

I have started a new, more generic thread.

"FL Bargain Cruises 2007"

Please see the above new thread.

thanks

Paul

FL_TPA_1956SWM@yahoo.com