CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   RCCI Hong Kong - Hong Kong 03/24 - 03/27 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/348445-rcci-hong-kong-hong-kong-03-24-03-27-a.html)

Divemaster March 13th, 2008 05:48 PM

RCCI Hong Kong - Hong Kong 03/24 - 03/27

About a $15 difference between going solo and booking double. Looking into air logistics. Just another long weekend trip for me from Texas - this time to move Asia from the todo list to the btdt list. 8)

PM or post questions.

xCalBear March 13th, 2008 08:35 PM

I love HK. The place is wiiiillllddd!! which ship and departure date and port(s)?? air is extremely xpensive to Asia.

Divemaster March 13th, 2008 11:54 PM

Asia

XCB, my objective is to see HK at night from the sea, as opposed to checking ourt the night life. :D That said, Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas, March 23, 2008, 4 days HK to HK. HOU to Hongkong may run about $1,000.

More later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xCalBear
I love HK. The place is wiiiillllddd!! which ship and departure date and port(s)?? air is extremely xpensive to Asia.

xCalBear March 14th, 2008 01:12 PM

Re: Asia

Quote:

Originally Posted by Divemaster
XCB, my objective is to see HK at night from the sea, as opposed to checking ourt the night life. :D That said, Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas, March 23, 2008, 4 days HK to HK. HOU to Hongkong may run about $1,000.

More later.

Quote:

air from HOU to HK costs more than a grand, mate. If you really want to see HK AT night, just stare into a brite light bulb for a minute, then close your eyes. Don't need to spend over two grands for several days in Asia.

I have a better suggestion...pay for my air and I will send you HD pictures of Asia when I return a month later :-P You won't need to spend 21 hrs on the plane LOL

Divemaster March 14th, 2008 02:44 PM

XCB - just takes a bit of digging. BTW, if you are light on funds you can always zip to Moscow from Houston RT now for $626. About what you would pay to drive your suburban from Houston to Paris, Texas RT. LOL

Quote:

air from HOU to HK costs more than a grand, mate.

xCalBear March 14th, 2008 02:58 PM

[quote="Divemaster"]XCB - just takes a bit of digging. BTW, if you are light on funds you can always zip to Moscow from Houston RT now for $626. About what you would pay to drive your suburban from Houston to Paris, Texas RT. LOL

Time isn't a big factor for me. I do not mind bouncing to several countries in order to save on air. If you consider 7 or more days on the cruise, then I am game for the Asia trip.

Divemaster March 14th, 2008 03:33 PM

**Looks now like I will zip to London and over to Sydney via the Emirates to clear Europe, Asia and Australia from the BTDT list instead of hit HK. Will miss sailing the South China Sea, but will pick up seeing The Palm, do the Sydney Bridge, and maybe get a short, shallow, nitrox dive done down under. Should be an interesting long weekend, leaving just Africa and Antartica on the todo list.**