Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2009, 04:45 AM
Beginner

Default Mature 27F seeks cabin-mate to Alaska

I have never been on a cruise before, but would like to go on a 7-day out of Seattle/Vancouver sometime in the next few months, and to do it as inexpensively as possible, therefore I need a cabin-mate!

I am open to any cruise line you would like to recommend, as long as it is in the $400-500 range, or we can figure that out together. I am open to young-hearted older folks or mature younger folks, as long as you are honest and open-minded. Male or female is fine (FYI I am single, no kids).

I am looking for someone who would like to do some things together too, like dancing/dining/drinking and whatever entertainment the ship provides, and spas/swimming/recreation stuff. I would like to explore the "local culture" at the stops along the way, and do some hiking/exploring in nature too. I am an INTJ personality-wise, so I do like to spend time by myself too, but it would be nice to share some experiences and not feel totally isolated on my vacation!

I just want to "get out of dodge" for a while, without spending all my Hawaii trip fund to do it! So again, I am hoping for someone who is perhaps also on a budget, or willing to do inexpensive things sometimes with me too.

If you know of any "singles cruises" coming up in the Alaska area soon, that would be something I would be interested in too.

Take care! :o
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Beginner

If the airfare for me to get to Seattle/Vancouver wasn't so much, I would consider joining you. I'll keep my eye out for seat sales. I wanted to let you know that just yesterday I got mail from Holland America announcing 1/2 price fares to Alaska this summer. HAL is also very good to singles and a WONDERFUL line for the price. Also check out singlescruise.com, they are really fun.

Karen

Carnival Conquest
Carnival Valor
HAL Zuiderdam
Old March 3rd, 2009, 10:49 AM
Admiral

I may be interested?? I too am totally based on bargain Alaska travel. I will be going first week of June, but definately open to a round trip HAL sailing out of either Seattle or Vancouver.

I'm unavailable mid July- third week in August, traveling Europe.
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Passenger

I sent you a PM, but I am definitely interested!
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Hello,

I have a 7days Alaska cruise booked w/ Royal Caribbean cruiseline on Rhapsody of the Seas for May 15th. The ship departures from Seattle, WA and returning to the same port.

The price for the cruise is $575 + tax. If you can't afford the tax, then I will be more than happy to cover the tax portion for you. Please take into consideration that I am doing this, so I won't have to pay expensive supp fee for traveling solo.

I am a straight single male in your age range and i am only interested sharing cabin cost. If you're interested, pls PM me and we can go from there.

thx
Old May 10th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Beginner

Am looking for a cabin mate from Seattle or Vancouver the 24-31 May 09 ... and am 27 M Asian - pretty much open to any other adjustments...
Old May 15th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Beginner

Default Cabin Mate?

Hi, not sure if you have found a cabin mate yet but I'd like to head up to Alaska and it seems like the cheapest and most scenic way there. I haven't really done to much research yet but would like to split a cabin if possible.

I'm male from New Zealand and 28yrs. I've been living in Revelstoke for the last few months but would like to head up there next month some time. If you're still looking for someone let me know and I'll send you some more info.
Old June 8th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Beginner

Default alaska

dear nan: I've spent a few hours perusing the cruises; cheapest is doing a 7 day inside passage from Vancouver to Skagway, stopping in Ketch & juneau & Prince rup... however, a Northbound or southbound spends half a day in Glacier bay & some narrow gorge too on the way to Seward or Whittier (can go to Anchorage or Denali park closeby). You would either have to take another cruise back, fly back on some open jaw, or alaska ferry (marine hwy) which is almost as expensive as a cruise, but you can stop anywhere you want, but it's sometimes not very convenient on arrival times. I've been to Eugene, went to some festival when I lived a bit in Portland & thru hiked the PCT. I am leaning toward a caribbean cruise... cheap to fly into Barbados & lots of cruises do the good islands from there... or might do alaska. sincerely, David of Houston
Old June 16th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Beginner

Default Alaska cruise cabin mate to keep costs down

Hi! I am also looking to go to Alaska for as inexpensive as possible before I move out of the Northwest. Therefore I would like to go in July sometime. Also looking at a Seattle round trip if possible.

I am 57yo yound SWF. Not necessary to do things together but not adverse to that. Always open to making a new friend.

Am interested in the local culture and exploring at the stops. and would enjoy doing some things together. I am INFP so also need to have my alone time.
Old June 25th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Beginner

hi.i to am looking for a room mate to go to alaska as soon as possible as i have to be back in seatle for the 5 july.i am from england ,visiting friends in washington and am jn my 60's.sheila
Old July 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Beginner

hi.

i'm 34, female, and am looking for a travel partner for an alaska cruise within the month.

i found one cruise on the norweigan pearl that is r/t from seattle. it leaves july 26th-aug 2nd. cost is $1739 for 2 people. i am open to other cruises and would also like to explore alaska if we could get a one-way cruise.

thanks.