Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Familiar Face

Default Avoiding the single supplement

I have cruised alone many times and I am tired of paying the single supplement. I am looking for someone who would like to plan a cruise and share a cabin in order to avoid this upcharge. I prefer it to be a female companion because I believe I would be more compatible with someone of the opposite sex when it comes to sharing accommodations and being respectful of other's privacy. It would be a strictly plutonic arrangement with no expectations of anything else. For me it is about avoiding the supplement and being comfortable with someone sharing personal space. I am open to people of all ages from 18 to 75. Again it is about saving money, not finding a partner.

I have no specific destinations in mind but I am game for most any place. I think it would be a good idea to start off with a short cruise to the Bahamas just to make sure sharing a cabin is what I want to do. I would hate to get on a week cruise with someone who made me miserable. If you are interested in trying to plan something with me please email me at wgou812@hotmail.com.

Wayne
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I think if you already made a decision to share a cabin or you wouldn't have made a post. I also think you made a decision that you wanted to go to the Bahamas on this voyage. And I think you are kidding yourself with thinking someone else could make you miserable. We are all in charge of our own happiness. A few hours in a cabin cannot destroy an entire vacation unless you have an unreasonable expectation for the person you are sharing a cabin with. Good luck to you in your search for a cabinmate, but it already seems that you may be hard to please.
Old December 18th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI View Post
I think if you already made a decision to share a cabin or you wouldn't have made a post. I also think you made a decision that you wanted to go to the Bahamas on this voyage. And I think you are kidding yourself with thinking someone else could make you miserable. We are all in charge of our own happiness. A few hours in a cabin cannot destroy an entire vacation unless you have an unreasonable expectation for the person you are sharing a cabin with. Good luck to you in your search for a cabinmate, but it already seems that you may be hard to please.
Roomies can be tricky. I roomshared 3X's with someone I met while I was on a solo, worked out fine. That being said, on my last cruise on Ecstasy, we met a distraught passenger who was sharing quarters with a friend. Unknown to her at booking, her friend turned out to be the roommate from HELL! Her friend domineered the cabin with rules and expectations, she felt unwelcome in her own cabin, something that was not anticipated in their every day friendship.
My friend will not be sailing again for quite some time. I imagine I'll need a roomshare if the bug hits. Right now I'm "cruise saturated" and need a breather.
Old December 18th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Familiar Face

Wow that was a little rough! I don't think I could spend three days with you. You are naive if you think that a poor cabin mate wouldn't degrade the experience.
Old December 18th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks ruthlessboss. Your comments are a little more reality based. I think it didn't take me long to figure out that paying the single supplement has its advantages. Thanks
Old December 18th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgou812 View Post
Thanks ruthlessboss. Your comments are a little more reality based. I think it didn't take me long to figure out that paying the single supplement has its advantages. Thanks
In some ways it has advantages, if it's a short inexpensive one. To have a compatable roomie gives a familiar face to connect to yet not be joined at the hip.. It allows me a longer cruise ( just did a 7 nighter on Liberty), and a balcony (I enjoy the extra place to go, and I want that coffee and cigarette in the morning) . Right now pricing is on the rise as more cruisers take to the seas, a factor to consider whether to solo or cruiseshare. We in Florida are able to grab some last minute type deals, that's a plus.
Old December 21st, 2011, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgou812 View Post
Wow that was a little rough! I don't think I could spend three days with you. You are naive if you think that a poor cabin mate wouldn't degrade the experience.
Ironically, that poster joined, posted on 17th, now disappeared, hasn't been on line since. That was indeed rude, what she said.
Old January 21st, 2012, 06:04 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Skype™ to mdpooh719

im looking for a cruise mate, short cruise to the bahamas. inbox me if u r still interest
Old January 22nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Familiar Face

Wayne,

Sounds like you know what you want in a cabin mate. I have had both good and bad experiences with meeting people on boards, then having them as cabin mates. THe good outweighs the bad, but it is still a "dodgy" thing. I don't want to do the Carribean; to dull for me. My dream cruise is Singapore to Cape Town. It's 30 days, so a long time to be in a cabin together.

Am told I snore, but am working on that. The trip I'm looking at is April 6, 2012. Let me know.

Annmarie
Old February 14th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to yuneekme

wow, I'm cruising for the first time this summer, and unfortunately, the only way for me to be able to afford it is to cabin share, I just hope that I don't get a person like "CALI", wow, they sure had a pisspoor attitude. I think that most people that are going to take a cruise and want a cabin mate are in the same boat and would be considerate of others and their wants and needs. I think it's a comprimize, but ultimately it makes it affordable for us singles to travel!! So... that being said, I'm looking to cruise in June or July. Prefer Europe. Prefer 6+ days. Want to spend less that $1000. If you are interested in talking to see if we would fit, let me know.