Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Familiar Face

Default 60 yr old active F. seeking cruise companion 1/19-26/2012

******2013******* not 2012

Celebrity Summit booked with the "Get Out of the Cold" hosted group cruise. I have an ocean view cabin reserved and is $1 less than an inside cabin. Group price is $595.47 (based on double occupancy) which includes port fees and taxes.
My sister is the host and travel agent, so arrangements and payments can be made through her.
This is the same ship I did my last group cruise on and it was wonderful. They've done some refurbishing work since I was on.
Looking for pleasant F. roomy. Hoping to share some time and also be free for both to do as each wants.

Last edited by SigLO; May 20th, 2012 at 09:05 PM. Reason: wrong date
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Familiar Face

ooops--2013
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Familiar Face

5 Star Celebrity Summit Jan 19-26, 2013 Saturday to Saturday

Southern Caribbean cruise from San Juan, Puerto Rico

Itinerary: St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada, Day at Sea, St. Thomas

Hosted by Nina and Gene of ABSOLUTELY Cruises & Travel.
1 gift per cabin
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Familiar Face

Just posted a few photos from Celebrity Summit in the albums
Old June 4th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Familiar Face

There are All Inclusive options available--Soda Package and several levels of alcohol packages starting at $14.00 USD Per night ranging up to $54.00 USD per night.
I'm a non-drinker, but don't mind sharing with a moderate drinker.

One of the group members on the last group cruise I did saved all their receipts and added up all the regular charges against the all-inclusive price and said they saved a couple thousand dollars. I'm hoping my roomy wouldn't be saving quite that much:-)

My sister usually throws a cocktail party or 2 during the cruise. Not sure if she's including alcohol with so many buying the package deals. It's usually a fun gathering.
Old June 7th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Familiar Face

Talked with my sister today. She says there's a 10% reduction in drink packages right now, but ends soon. I don't know the exact date though.

I wear my cruise ship and port T shirts a lot. Was at our Walmart the other day in the very early morning hours and checked out about 5AM. The nice lady checker asked about my Barbados T shirt. We got talking and she told me she had asked her mom to cruise with her, but her mom wasn't interested. Told her I was looking for a roomy for this cruise. She was interested and I gave her this web address to see more info.
Ya just never know where you might find a cruise companion. I love wearing those T shirts and this has given me another reason to joyously wear them frequently.

Good luck to everyone here in finding roommates/companions & I'm still searching!!!
Old June 9th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Familiar Face

ABSOLUTELY Cruises & Travel - Home

You'll find all info pertaining to this cruise--"Get Out of the Cold" group cruise 2013. You can contact my travel agent sister and owner of this business.

Think the 10% discount on drink packages ends the 15th of this month (June, 2012).
Happy Cruising to All
Old June 16th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Familiar Face

The extra 10% discount on beverage packages has expired, but those packages are still available.

Celebrity Summit is a gorgeous ship, friendly, and fun. I'm hoping the afternoon pool-side band will be the same, and also the musician who entertained on the aft outdoor lounge. I trust Summit will provide it's 5 Star usual whatever the entertainment.

Any Scrabble players out there? I play Pfeffer and other card games, etc.
Old June 21st, 2012, 07:12 PM
Familiar Face

I'll be arriving in Puerto Rico a day before the cruise starts and will stay at a hotel that others in our group will be using. Guess it's not the fanciest hotel, but has beach front and the price is around $80 for the 1 night. We'll share a big taxi to Celebrity Summit.
Last time I was there, we did a walking tour on our own. My sister, her husband, and I had just finished our Summit Cruise. I met Barb, my roomy for Adventure of the Seas, at our hotel. We all took a city bus (50 cents each way) and hiked the ocean front below the fort. We then climbed the big hill and toured through Old Town, stopping for a food break along the way. We ran into others from our group on the bus. Lucky us to be departing for another 7 night cruise the next day:-)
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
First Mate

hi sigLo,

just be patient and reply to your post once every week or two to say you are still looking till you find the right person. Are all the people in the group from MN area? and what is age and sex breakdown?

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Nov2014-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@Jacksville
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for your response and advice Ed.
Most of the group will be from S. Mn, but not all. Our sister from CO, her husband, their son and his wife, and their 3 young boys will be with the 2013 group.
The group is open to anyone anywhere. Sis has staterooms reserved and can usually get more depending on demand/availability. The last group cruise I did, she had her largest group ever: 70. One couple have been on every "Cold" cruise I've been on. There are quite a few repeat group cruisers, but always new people too.
Everyone was cheering at her on-board cocktail party when she announced she would arrange more Celebrity "Get Out of the Cold" group cruises. I found a roomy in this site who is from S. Carolina.
I've cruised "alone" with the group twice and still had a great time. Would sure be nice for my $$ to go toward more tours and fun activities:-)
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:33 PM
Familiar Face

Infants to Seniors
Old July 10th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Familiar Face

My sister called to tell me she had a woman call about the cruise and is very interested. As I understand it, her internet is down so can't connect here right now.
She gave my sister her phone number and the OK to pass it and her email address along to me. I plan to call her this evening.

Working through and with my travel agent sister makes things simple and safe.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:56 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I may be interested in sharing a cabin with you if you haven't already found someone. I am an active, married, 68 year old whose husband does not like to cruise. You may e-mail me at williams.julie2525@yahoo.com if interested.
Thanks,
Julie
Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:50 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks so much for your interest. I have found a room-mate for this cruise. I usually am able to be part of the "Get Out of the Cold" group cruise every other year.
I'll keep you in mind for my next cruise.