Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Familiar Face

Default Looking for a cruise partner from UK

Hi there

Beginning to look into this seriously. My ex husband and I enjoyed cruising and I am keen to emabark on a cruise this year. Most of my friends are married/partners etc, so I'm taking the plaunge of going alone, or with a buddy in a similiar situation.

I am looking to do a Europe cruise, not got much farther that that!

Im 50, fit and enjoy good chat and company

Any one out there in a similiar situation who would be interested in joining me to cut costs?

Jan
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Admiral

Hi Arrangrl & welcome to the site. Just a thought as this site is mainly US based folk, have you tried the P&O website as that is almost completely UK based folk?
The link is http://www.pocruises.com/Community/

I know the site has been having upgrade issues over the past week or so, but it can't do any harm to take a look.

Good luck & happy cruising,

Alan & Katrina
followed by: Queen Elizabeth December 2014

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old January 15th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Familiar Face

Hi
I,m looking for a cruise mate just to keep the cost down and not. Pay the silly singles cost, have you any thing planed? I would love to fly out to the caribbean and cruise back to Southampton. Looking at 14+ days.
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Teddy

Nothing planned as yet. I'm prob looking for a week though)

Arran
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the link

Arran
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrangrl View Post
Hi there

Beginning to look into this seriously. My ex husband and I enjoyed cruising and I am keen to emabark on a cruise this year. Most of my friends are married/partners etc, so I'm taking the plaunge of going alone, or with a buddy in a similiar situation.

I am looking to do a Europe cruise, not got much farther that that!

Im 50, fit and enjoy good chat and company

Any one out there in a similiar situation who would be interested in joining me to cut costs?

Jan
Hello there!

I am a 30 year old, straight woman from the U.S. and I am looking for a cruise buddy because my boyfriend is unable to join me on a holiday. I plan to travel to London in April to visit for a few days (I have my accomodations figured out), then embark on a Mediterranean cruise. I have a particular 12 day cruise in mind that starts in Barcelona, Spain, then stops in France, Italy, Greece and Turkey. The cruise disembarks in Venice. If that cruise is much too long, there is a 9 day Mediterranean cruise that starts in Barcelona, then stops in France, Italy and Croatia with the last port in Venice. The 12 day cruise is with Norwegian Cruise Line and I've cruised with them before, so I may be able to get upgrades, bonuses and/or discounted rates.

I don't snore or smoke (although it does not bother me). I'm not an excessive party person because I am an active person who will be exploring the ports (feel free to join me if you wish). However I do enjoy a drink in moderation. I'm also divorced and having troubles finding a travel buddy because my friends are also in relationships or have already booked their trips to non-European locations.

Please let me know if you're interested!

Last edited by Sea.Sno.Gem; January 18th, 2013 at 01:10 PM. Reason: added more details
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Familiar Face

Hi there Gem

That sounds right up my street, however I am looking to go around June or July.I should probably have mentioned that. Are your dates flexible at all? Thanks for replying

Jan
Old January 19th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Jan
I'm looking at a Med Cruise this summer and also looking to split the costs , not sure if you looking for strictly female buddy , however would like to chat more about your intended destinations and dates if your interested .

I'm a single white male from North West Uk aged 43 .
I will be exploring all the ports and cultures and like to make use of the fitness equipment to keep fit as well as a social drinker .

Cheers
Old January 20th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Familiar Face

Hi there

Can you email me ore specifically what dates/ destinations / company etc you would be thinking of?

Thanks for reply

Jan
Old January 20th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Familiar Face

Would you be interested in September 27 Oceana, Southampton to Barcelona?
Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:12 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddymouse View Post
Hi
I,m looking for a cruise mate just to keep the cost down and not. Pay the silly singles cost, have you any thing planed? I would love to fly out to the caribbean and cruise back to Southampton. Looking at 14+ days.
Hi, only came across your bulletin today as I to am genuinely looking for a cabin buddy for a Caribbean to Southampton cruise if at all possible. My potential dates are from the 14th March 2013 for two weeks or so. I'm really keen on the P&O Azura for 21nts but the price on my own is nearly 4,000 which is absolutely ridiculous!!! I understand there are only a few cabins left, thus, willing to consider other cruises if necessary. If you are still keen to cabin share, please do let me know and I will share my email address and we can have a wee chat. Cath (3rd Feb 2013)
Old February 5th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Familiar Face

The Hi Cath
It's too late for that cruise for me now,and that was the cruise I really wanted to go on.but once I had made my mind up to go solo as couldn't find a buddy, it was sold out. So I,m now booked on the costa Favolosa 5th march for 21nts at a very good single rate.no surcharge!!+flight and transfer.would you intested in a 5-7 nights from southampton to the Fjords Norway back to Southampton later in the year with me.? If you would like to know more about the costa cruise let me know.it's costing a 1/3 of the Azura,s cruise.

Angie

Last edited by teddymouse; February 5th, 2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Familiar Face

Default Contact

Hi
I am 59 & love cruising. I presume you are in the UK like me
I have just booked for November to cruise from Genoa to Cape Town. This cruise is on a good pricewith nil or little single supplement. It is on MSC Sinfonia. I am travelling alone but told a friend who i met on my last cruise about it & she has booked also.
Take a look, I think you will find that on MSC cruises, because they offer such good deals for singles, there is always someone to talk to & make friends.
I am quite comfortable travelling alone but really begrudge the heavy single supps
Regards
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Carol
Yes,I am in the UK. I see Msc are. Offering single person cruises at just 49 extra on some of their cruises. There is some very good deals out there . Henst why I,m cruising with costa this time as they are doing no extra for solo cruisers. When will the other cruise companies wake up to the solo cruiser. If some can do fair prices why couldn't they all,shortly it beats sailing with entry cabins?
Old February 5th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default seeking female roomie

Hi I just signed up for this today.
I am 60 year old female living in Lake Worth Fl. area.I am a non-smoker,
clean,social drinker,and an avid cruiser,and traveler.I am looking for another female close to my age to cruise with. I am open to different cruises,but not to the carribean as I have been there way to many times.
I have been on most of the cruise lines.
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:49 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Sunshine
I too love cruising....would love to go on Oasis or Allure, but that is the Caribbean. I dont mind where I cruise but would really love to travel on these big ships as I am told they are amazing. Never any single deals on these.......
Keep in touch if you would be interested...
I am in Uk so would have to fly to FL....would prefer to do 2 weeks if poo.
Carol
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Carol

Would you be interested in a Caribbean to Southampton cruise?

P&O Azura are sailing out on the 14th March 2013 for 21nts which will incorporate the Easter Bank Holiday but the price for a single traveller is nearly 4,000 which is absolutely crazy!!! I understand there are only a few cabins left, thus, willing to consider other cruises if necessary.

I've inserted the link which I hope you will be able to view as it shows the prices and itinerary .... Epic Caribbean Transatlantic | Azura | 14th March 2013 | P&O Cruises | Iglucruise.com

If you are still keen to cabin share, please do let me know? My email address is catherine.douglas20@yahoo.com

Best wishes & regards, Cath (7th Feb 2013)
Old February 7th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Angie

No worries but thanks for letting me know. Please do keep me in mind for your next cruise. I had posted another note earlier today as I hadnt seen this response from the 5th Feb, but delighted you are all sorted and booked up now

Do have a fabulous time with Costa

Best wishes & regards, Catherine (7th Feb 2013 @ 5.39pm)
Old February 12th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Familiar Face

I am looking to take June 8 Holland America Mediterranean cruise (Rome-Barcelona) 11 days. I'm 60 yo, active, work in special education. If you're interested, I am ready to book. Thanks.
Old April 7th, 2014, 04:26 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello!
Did you find a cruise partner? I'm looking right now....
Spain & France from Southampton, 19th April 2014
Kate xxx