CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Sydney, oz-cabinmates (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/399048-sydney-oz-cabinmates.html)

Londoner1 September 27th, 2013 05:51 PM

Sydney, oz-cabinmates

Looking for someone in Australia to share? Here's a new website for Australians, open to all ages.

johnsglynis.wix.com/oz-cabinmates

Kiwi Deb October 2nd, 2013 03:44 PM

Is there anything on there yet?

Londoner1 October 7th, 2013 06:42 PM

Unless you put a post up and support this website, its going to fail.

PeggyD November 24th, 2013 04:00 AM

Londoner1

Hi Londoner1,

I am a 75 year old female, love cruising and like the idea of a cruise club. I live in Victoria.

I think a club for Aussies is a good idea. Long overdue as Travel Agents are not any help in finding cabin mates.

I visit Illawarra area sometimes, maybe we could meet for a cup of coffee and see if we would be compatable.

Come to that if a few more Aussies would join we could have a get together one day soon and meet each other and discuss cruises.

Come on Aussies support this great idea of a club in Oz.

PeggyD

Londoner1 November 25th, 2013 05:12 PM

Hi PeggyD,

Thanks for your support (nice to hear) - definitely need more Aussies on johnsglynis.wix.com/oz-cabinmates. Suggest you join and put a post up yourself as its a new website and the more the merrier. I live in Sydney - private message me if you want to meet up for a coffee/lunch as I'm about to retire next year. Am always looking for a cabinmate. Cannot cruise until after May 2014 but open to suggestions after that.

Regards, Glynis

ShadyLady12 November 26th, 2013 12:36 AM

Hi Peggy, I'm in Perth and retired, 55yrs old and looking for good company to cruise with. I have been looking at a cruise out of Sydney on the Sea Princess, 35 days from the 9th April to Hawaii and Tahiti, $5,259.00 but the price may come down. I'm a bit far away to meet for coffee, but I have friends in Kilmore I visit regularly. Regards Julia. email; jupton99@gmail.com

PeggyD November 27th, 2013 04:41 AM

Hi ShadyLady,

Hi, great to hear from another Oz-cabinmate.

Kilmore is not so far away from me, I could easily nip over for lunch next time you are there. I can get to Melbourne easily as well.

I had to scrap my World Cruise. Too dear to do as a single. Needed to transfer my deposit somewhere, so am doing the Sydney-Southampton half instead. 55 days.

I need a cabin-mate for that. Its $10,799 and air fare back.

Let me know when you are coming to Kilmore and we can meet.

PeggyD

PeggyD November 27th, 2013 04:47 AM

Will be in Sydney area around Christmas. Will send an email when I know dates.

PeggyD

Londoner1 November 27th, 2013 05:26 PM

Hi Peggy, I'm afraid I'll be in Adelaide over Christmas. We might have to make it another time.

Londoner1 December 3rd, 2013 09:42 PM

Looking for someone in Australia to share? Here's a new website for Australians, open to all ages.

johnsglynis.wix.com/oz-cabinmates

kjets January 27th, 2014 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyLady12 (Post 1490103)
Hi Peggy, I'm in Perth and retired, 55yrs old and looking for good company to cruise with. I have been looking at a cruise out of Sydney on the Sea Princess, 35 days from the 9th April to Hawaii and Tahiti, $5,259.00 but the price may come down. I'm a bit far away to meet for coffee, but I have friends in Kilmore I visit regularly. Regards Julia. email; jupton99@gmail.com

Hi Julia,

You're not interested in Sapphire Princess leaving from Singapore December 18 2014 for 21 days are you? My Mum would like to come with us but cannot afford the single supplement. My Dad is not interested in overseas travel. My Mum is in her early 70's but very fit and healthy, and non smoker. She has given up on this cruise so doesn't know I am on the look out for a cabin mate. We are just south of Freo.
Tracey