Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Seeking Cruise Companion

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

Old September 22nd, 2017, 04:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Seeking Northwest Passage 2019 Cabin Mate

Looking for cabin mate for expedition type cruise from Greenland on 24 August to Nome (northwest Passage) 23 days - prestige deck cabin with balcony (only ones available) with Ponant. Includes airfare from Paris to meet ship in Greenland and airfare from Nome to Seattle. I smoke (outside) and like a gin and tonic before dinner and wine with but not excessive when it comes to alcohol. Otherwise, I am pretty easy for most people I think and tolerant of others (lots of traveling will do that). The Northwest Passage is my dream trip. I have been working in the Middle East since 1999 and retiring June 2018 back to the US. (yeah I am American) So I see this trip as being my big hurrah travel wise. Oh yeah, I am female, weigh too much, and have walking issues but then I am not looking for someone to spend the day with just to avoid paying double for solo...

Even though 2019 is 2 years away time is of the essence - I need to book.

Hope this generates some interest out there.
Old September 22nd, 2017, 05:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi, Just seen your post re north west passage cruise and I am interested! I have never been on a cruise before but always wanted to and am now at the stage in life of now or never! My only hesitation is 23 days may be too long for a first time.
Can you let me have any more details about the cruise you are looking at?
I am retired, also have a little difficulty walking due to arthritis in my knee, enjoy a [email protected] and living in France, of course the occasional glass of wine (or two).
I would be interested to hear back from you.
Rosemary
Old September 22nd, 2017, 05:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

wow that was quick and encouraging! I tried to attach the brochure but although it uploaded, don't know where it went. Here is a link: https://en.ponant.com/cruises/the-ar...40819-kn0845-2. Its a expedition type cruise so focus is on nature - naturalists talks and shore via zodiac. Expensive but my research is showing they tend to be through northwest passage and few cruise lines go. I found only prestige cabins are available - everything else booked. Inquired with an agent and they told me Northwest Passage books fast. Guess it does - we're talking 2 years in advance here. 23 days does seem long but I just got back from my first cruise: Royseth Scotland, Greenland, Iceland, and Norway 13 days and felt like an abandoned puppy when I had to get off the ship - it was home. I loved it. Have a look on the Ponant site - enter Artic and August 2019. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Old June 26th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestpassage View Post
Looking for cabin mate for expedition type cruise from Greenland on 24 August to Nome (northwest Passage) 23 days - prestige deck cabin with balcony (only ones available) with Ponant. Includes airfare from Paris to meet ship in Greenland and airfare from Nome to Seattle. I smoke (outside) and like a gin and tonic before dinner and wine with but not excessive when it comes to alcohol. Otherwise, I am pretty easy for most people I think and tolerant of others (lots of traveling will do that). The Northwest Passage is my dream trip. I have been working in the Middle East since 1999 and retiring June 2018 back to the US. (yeah I am American) So I see this trip as being my big hurrah travel wise. Oh yeah, I am female, weigh too much, and have walking issues but then I am not looking for someone to spend the day with just to avoid paying double for solo...

Even though 2019 is 2 years away time is of the essence - I need to book.

Hope this generates some interest out there.
Old June 26th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Are you still looking for a cabin mate?? I am very well travelled (80+ countries) and been on the odd cruise ... but have no trouble roughing it as well. The Northwest Passage has been my ultimate bucket list trip... can certainly afford it but like you, resent having toay for the extra bed. I'm a retired anthropologist, still go out hiking with the weekly hiking club ... oh yes and my wine at happy hour!

Shannon from Canada
Old June 26th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Are you still looking for a cabin mate?? I am very well travelled (80+ countries) and been on the odd cruise ... but have no trouble roughing it as well. The Northwest Passage has been my ultimate bucket list trip... can certainly afford it but like you, resent having toay for the extra bed. I'm a retired anthropologist, still go out hiking with the weekly hiking club ... oh yes and my wine at happy hour!

Shannon from Canada