Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Passenger

Default Cristobal Panama, Free trade zone

2 years ago when we docked in Cristobal, we were standing on the pier and noticed about 20 cruise ship employees sprinting from the ship, with such commotion, to grab taxi's to take them to what I was told was the Free Trade Zone for shopping. We did not go then due the inability to find out more info about it. Apparently there are good deals on shoes, clothes electronics etc.

Does anyone know more about this? Such as where? transportation? how far from pier? is it really as good as they said? etc.

Thanks

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2006, 07:40 PM
Administrator
Admiral

There is a Duty Free Zone in Colon where goods without Panama duty and taxes imposed so they are less expensive.

You can take a taxi from the port and it is a relatively short distance. Many ships have shopping excursions to the area. This may be an alternative if you aren't experienced at traveling on your own.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 5th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Passenger

Thanks Mike for your answer. Have you been? or heard of anyone that has been? And if you have or know anyone, do you know if it is good stuff?

Thanks

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.
Old September 13th, 2006, 02:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to daaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTom
Thanks Mike for your answer. Have you been? or heard of anyone that has been? And if you have or know anyone, do you know if it is good stuff?

Thanks
Brian/Tom...tx for info on Cristobal...I/we will be on Brilliance in Jan07..ant tips..I'v booked my 15th cruise just y'day..not been to Cristobal, but to PC years ago, just thru locks tho..are there still Kuna molas avail..got them in their islands back then..email me pls..daaling456@juno.com