Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2002, 05:33 PM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Lane Send a message via MSN to Lane Send a message via Yahoo to Lane
Default Mediterrean excursions

Hello

My wife and I are cruising in the Mediterranean on the Golden Princess this summer. I have read the reviews of some concerning the Golden Princess. Now, I am looking for reviews of those who previously sailed this itinerary or a similar one on any cruise ship. If you have done so and posted a review, please point me in that direction.

Also, we are looking for information on guides for these ports. We might just book the excursions from Princess, but also want to research other options. Honestly, we hate having to wait until 60 days before the cruise date to find out about the Princess excursions…laughing.

The ports we are visiting are:

Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Florence, Rome, Naples, Malta, Athens and Venice.

Thanks

Lane
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Mediterrean excursions

Lane,
I also am looking into these questions. I am also going on a similar itinerary in April. When I get some responses from other chat rooms I am trying I'll share it with you, if not I can at least fill you in when I return in late April, if that helps.
If you should get any info, would you please share it with me,
Thanks.
Old January 28th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Eduardo

Lane,
I received a response to my inquiry of Western Europe and excursions.
Kuki responded with
www.portpromotions.com or
www.autoeurope.com
I hope this helps.
Old January 29th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Liz Hanson

Four of us are doing the May 12th cruise of Splendor of the Seas and would like information on Villefrance, Livorna, Rome, Naples and Malta. Would you please pass on anything of interest? Thank you
Old January 29th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Passenger

We did a Mediterranean cruise last year on Renaissance and it was a great vacation. The only place we took a private tour instead of the ship excursion was in Barcelona. My vote, from now on, is with private tours because you see and learn so much more, you can visit the sights of your choice at your own pace and you aren't sheparded like sheep from sight to bus on a tight schedule. Our guide was an American woman named Debbie who lives there (and who speaks clear English unlike the guides we had on sure excursions in other cities). She knew a lot about the history, culture and people of Barcelona. She also took us to a great tapas bar for lunch. I believe she gives tours both in and outside of the city. Assuming that she's still giving tours, you can contact her at debiness@aol.com (that's only one "b" in the e-mail address). I hope you love cruising the Mediterranean as much as we did. If you have any questions, let me know.
Bon voyage,
Marsha
Old February 4th, 2002, 05:35 PM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to Lane Send a message via MSN to Lane Send a message via Yahoo to Lane

Eddie

Thanks for the response. If I come across anything, I will post it here for you.

Lane
Old February 4th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the two websites. I will check them both out for information.

Lane
Old February 4th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Passenger

Marsha

Thanks for the information. I will email Debbie and see if she is interested in providing tour services for my wife and I in Barcelona.

Lane
Old February 11th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Passenger

Hi,
My wife and I and another couple are on that cruise May 28, 2002 if you found out anything about tours and costs or anything else please let me know. This our first cruise in Europe.

Thank you
Roger
Old February 15th, 2002, 03:19 PM
Eduardo

Roger,
I have two months till my European cruise, we are doing the Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, and England. I'll be happy to share anything of value.
Old March 25th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Amy Vanderkop

Hey, my friend Lisa and I will be with you on the Golden Princess on May 28!!! This Thursday is the 60-day mark for when we should be able to view and reserve our shore excursions on the Princess website. However, I also heard of a site that I just visited (www.shoreexcursions.com) where you can get 10 people or less together and reserve tours of the ports we'll visit. It will be much cheaper than what Princess will charge us, no doubt!

I'm interested in hearing directly from those of you'll that I'll be cruising with. Please email me. Then we'll have some instant friends onboard.