Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Taxman

Default Cozumel excursions

Will be in Cozumel in August and the Passion Island sounds like a nice excursion, but I want to make sure and get some snorkeling inn while in Cozumel. Anyone know if the Passion Island offers snorkeling or better off doing so elsewhere?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Cozumel excursions

What cruiseline will you be taking in August so are we. We are planning to snorkel also. We have never done it before. What is Paradise Island.
Old June 11th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Taxman

Default Re: Re: Cozumel excursions

Carnival 5-day to Western Carribean. I found the Passion Island tour on Carnival's website. Sounds pretty neat for relaxing on a not-so-crowded beach. But I definitely want to do some snorkeling while in Cozumel.
Old June 12th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Cozumel excursions

Hi Taxman,
You can always take a cab over to Chankanaab Park, hear the snorkeling is very good there and its not that far away from the port, something you can do on your own or Carnival should have a shore excursion there too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 13th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Taxman

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Cozumel excursions

Thanks Donna. After more research, Chankanaab Park sounds like it could offer both snorkeling and beach at one place. I'm sure they rent snorkel equipment there.
Old June 13th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cozumel excursions

Yes Taxman,
You can rent snorkeling equipment there and they also have lockers. You may want to think about just picking up some snorkeling stuff at home before you leave. We were able to get a mask, snorkel and fins for around $50 at our local sporting store. After renting them just once or twice, they basically pay for themselves and you also know they fit and there is the sanitation element to consider as well.

I know you'll enjoy Cozumel and be sure to stop in Carlos and Charlies while you are there, have fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 14th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Taxman

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cozumel excursions

Thanks again Donna. I was wondering what the average snorkel rental price is. Considering we intend to snorkel at least twice this cruise (and in the future) I am considering just buying the stuff. Anyone know if it becomes a hassle to carry the equipment around for a half-day?
Old June 14th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cozumel excursions

Hi again Taxman,
We did buy one set that came with a nice little bag to carry it all in, not really a big deal lugging it around for half a day either.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 14th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Taxman

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cozumel excursions

Thanks. Did you find that a vest or lifejacket was necessary? It definitely adds alot of bulk to the set as well as cost.
Old June 16th, 2002, 04:01 AM
Kaitlin

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cozumel excursions

We will be in Cozumel late June and we plan on taking a snorkel trip with one of the local guys-they will be hanging out at the dock when the tourists arrive. They have their own boat and take out around 6 or 8 people at a time. Last time we were there for vacation that is what we did and we really enjoyed it! It was around $20 a person, you went to 3 snorkeling places, and had free sodas and beer. My husband swears it was the coolest thing we did on our trip.