Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Admiral

Default Scuba in Grand Cayman

My son and I will be on Explorer of the Seas in Feb, 2003. We plan to scuba in Grand Cayman and again in Cozumel. I'm looking for someone to help me pick a tour operation in the Caymans. (We're going with Eagle Ray in Cozumel)
I've heard good things about shore dives off Eaden Rock, but I was really wanting to see the Cyaman Wall and Stingray City.
We have very little experience (but we're certified) so we would like to have a dive master with us.

Thanks,
Bill
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2002, 03:23 PM
Gaines

Default Re: Scuba in Grand Cayman

Well, if you want a divemaster with you, you might want to just go woth the ships excursion. They usually take you to the wall, and to a wreck dive if time allows. We were in Cayman last week and used Eden Rock. My wife and I took our equipment with us, and rented equipment for my daughter. We got a great dive in and still had time to see some of the shopping area. The best part was that we only spent $51 for the 3 of us to dive. Granted, we did not have a divemaster with us, but the dive site is only 100 feet offshore.
Old July 9th, 2002, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Scuba in Grand Cayman

Hi Bill. I have used Don Fosters (BIG op, i.e. a lot of divers on board), and Eden Rock. I also prefer to use a dive op w/a DM in the water with you.

Years ago, we used Don Fosters for a dive to Stingray City, and I was pleased with the way it was handled, even though they're were a lot of divers on board.

The DMs we had on our Eden Rock dive last year were okay, but really didn't seem interested in whether we enjoyed our dive or not. Just did their own thing. I enjoy a DM that likes to show the divers around, and help them see marine life or whatever. After all, they dive those sites day in and day out, and know where to look. However, their boat was very nice, only a few divers that day, and I did feel they were safety conscious.
Old October 31st, 2002, 02:09 PM
MAJ

Default Re: Re: Scuba in Grand Cayman

Mermaid, what dive operation did you use at eden's rock?