Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2003, 11:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Personal belonging while snorkeling??

Hi - logistical question. What did you guys (especially the ladies) do with your personal belongings while you were snorkeling, or engaged in some other off-the-boat-and-in-the-water type activities?

I feel hesitant to leave my bag, with my identification (possibly passport), money, credit cards, ship ID, digital camera, etc etc... just sitting in the boat with my shoes. I don't want to leave all the stuff on the ship either since snorkeling is only going to be part of my day - the rest of my day will be sightseeing, shopping, etc.

Thanks,
Jeanne
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Personal belonging while snorkeling??

when snorkeling i only take the barest essentials with me. First thing you will not need your passport while in port, lock it in you cabin safe, all you need to get back on the ship is your ships ID. I use an underwater camera when snorkeling, and hubby carries the credit card, a few bucks and id's in a ziploc bag in a zippered pocket on his swim trunks. Don't carry a lot of cash on you in the first place. Leave the digital camera with the boat captain and no one else.
Old January 28th, 2003, 11:37 AM
emee

Default Re: Re: Personal belonging while snorkeling??

Buy one of those waterproof square plastic things that go around you neck with a string. That is what I used it was great. I put my sea and sail card and credit card with some money. Disposable camera when going to beach. Unless someone will watch the things when in the water. Have fun! Oh you can buy them in Kmart or even sporting stores have things.
Old April 28th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Personal belonging while snorkeling??

Hello everyone,
We are going on the Norway and will have to tender in to the ports. We want to snorkel on St. John, particularly cinnamon beach. We were hoping there would be some sort of lockers or safe place to store things while snorkeling. We were hoping to use the video camera on the tram in St. Thomas and don't want to have to tender back to the ship to get this after snorkeling. We usually do just take disp. cameras and very little money, but we will want to use our good cameras later.
Thanks, Luanne