Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2003, 04:29 PM
kurly_kris

Default Must see/do activites in St Marteen and St Thomas????

HI,

I was just wondering if anyone can give me some advice as to what the main things are that I must see/do while in St Marteen and St. Thomas. I am 20 and travelling with my two parents. All of us are physically fit. So far,I have heard wonderful things about Trunk Bay and we're thinking of checking that out. Any advice???

Thanks

Kris
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Must see/do activites in St Marteen and St Thomas????

Yes Kris,
Its worth it to take the time and get over to St. John/Trunk Bay, great island and good snorkeling.

You may also want to book the "America's Cup Regatta" in St. Maarten, its a lot of fun. Otherwise a trip out to Orient beach is also a nice beach day.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 10th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Must see/do activites in St Marteen and St Thomas???

i agree that a trip over to Trunk Bay is a great way to spend part of the day. I would go in the morning, spend a few hours, get back into town do some shopping downtown if you want and take the skytram to the top of the island for a magnificient view. On St. Marteen be advised that Orient Bay Beach is "clothing optional" also some more great duty-free shopping over on the dutch side.
Old February 18th, 2003, 10:18 PM
Bricorssk

Default Re: Must see/do activites in St Marteen and St Thomas????

We had so much fun on the Golden Eagle catamaran in St. Maarten
Old February 19th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default St Marteen and St Thomas

Kris:

We went on the Wild Thing in St. Thomas in 2001 -- it is fast, we stopped for an hour at Magen's Bay and then continued all the way around St. Thomas before returning to our Cruise Ship. Last week we just took a taxi to Magen's Bay for the afternoon. Enjoyed both.

In 2001 we also went on the White Octopus (included snorkeling in deep, murky water) but last week we went on the Golden Eagle (anchored at Mullet Beach in clear, clean water and I saw many fish but had the best time on the catamaran).

We would take the Golden Eagle again without hesitation. Our party was two brothers (late 40's) their wives and children, 21, 14, 12. The crew was super. The rum punch was delicious!

Here is a website for the Golden Eagle:
http://www.sailingsxm.com/eagle.htm