Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

Old April 15th, 2003, 01:43 PM
stephanie quiros

Default southern carribean excursions

Next month will be going on Carnival Destiny's 7 night Southern Carribean cruise. Any suggestions on excursions? I've been shopping on line. We will be doing the ATV's in Aruba, probbily Glory Tours in Barbados, & have family in St. Thomas. Any recommendations for Martinique? I would like to go horseback riding & snorkling. Thanks.
Old May 9th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Andee

Default Re: southern carribean excursions

In Aruba we took a wonderful snorkeling trip with stops at a coral reef and a ship wreck. The captain gave us an excellent narrated tour on the way out, and the rum punch on the way back wasn't bad, either.
Old May 26th, 2003, 10:50 PM
David Vega

Default Re: southern carribean excursions

Hi! Stephanie

My name is David Vega from Trans-Travel (Tour company ) San Juan,Puerto Rico

Let me give you some information about the Rain Forest ( El Yunque)

There are 4 forests within its 28,000 hilly acres. It is home to 240 species of trees ,20 varieties of wild orchid,rivers,falls,natural pools , a bird sanctuary for our native parrot,and 28 miles of hiking trails (13 trails). It also features the wonderful El Portal visitors Center ($3.00 per person entrance fee). Stop by before your hike to learn about the forest & it recreational areas.

This place is AMAZING.......

Duration of trip :

half day tour / 4.5 hours departing from your cruise in San Juan.

all day tour / including Luquillo beach & time for lunch / 7.5 hours departing from your cruise in San Juan. (only if you have a late flight)

Rates

half day tour departing from your cruise

Flate rates 1 to 10 passengers(deluxe van with driver guide-private service): $265.00 ending at the airport or hotel metro area.Entrance fee to El Portal not included. ($3.00)

all day tour departing from your cruise

Flate rates 1 to 10 passengers(deluxe van with driver guide-private service): $385.00 ending at the airport or hotel metro area.Entrance fee to El Portal not included. ($3.00)

If you need additional information send me / e-mail [email protected]

office phone: (787) 615-7568
fax: (787) 727-4479

Have a nice vacation !!!!

Att: David Vega - Director