Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2003, 02:50 AM
Passenger

Default Aruba excursion ideas

Hi there, I will be sailing on the Adventure of the Seas in a couple of months, and I'm geting ready to book my excursions online. I've never been to Aruba, so I'm not sure which excursion should I take. After checking out the ones on the RC website , I narrowed it down to the Fun Cruise and Beach Tour (starts at 9AM, about 3 hours long), that goes to Divi Beach, Eagle beach and Palm beach on a catamaran, and the Sea & See Island tour, (starts at 9AM and 1PM, about 4 hours), that covers the Seaworld Explorer, Antilla, Lighthouse, Natural Bridge, Gold Mill Ruins and Boca Mahos. I really don't want to miss anything while in Aruba, so which of these 2 excursions should I take? Or, if I decide to do both, will I have enough time to go from one excursion to the next? Is there anything else that is a MUST DO in Aruba?
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

happy cruising
Sponsored Links
Old October 13th, 2003, 11:33 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to MrsB
Default Re: Aruba excursion ideas

We were in Aruba on the Brilliance of the Seas in March. We did a catamaran ride that stopped at a beach for 1.5 hours. It was real nice. Not sure which beach it was though. It was were the strip of hotels are located.

It all depends on what your interest is? The water/beaches or more indepth Aruba? Perhaps you can do a catamaran ride on another stop on the cruise?

We also looked around the shops. They weren't too exciting for us, but a nice shopping area. There is a Carlo's n' Charlies there that is fun to go to for a drink. It is located right off the pier. We ate dinner at Iguana Joe's, which is located accross from the pier. Fantastic BBQ ribs! I went there on a recommendation from a co-worker and it was very good.

Hope this helps a little

Mrs. B