Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Passenger

Default Kids Excursions

My SIL and I are taking my 5 & 7 year old in December. We're going to Grand Cayman, Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel. Does anyone else w/ young kids have experiences their kids enjoyed. We're def snokling in GC, but have nothing else planned yet.
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2003, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Kids Excursions

Hi beachlvr,
There is always Chankanaab Park in Cozumel for snorkeling, beach, etc.

http://www.cozguide.net/chankan.html

Bet the kids will love it there, you can take a taxi from the pier.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 1st, 2003, 08:15 AM
Alex

Default Re: Kids Excursions

We are going to the same places in December on NCL with our 3 children (ages6,7,9). This is what we are thinking about. In Cayman, we are going to take a tour to Stingray City with Nativeway and then go to 7 mile beach for an hour or so before heading back to the boat by taxi.
In Belize, we are considering two tours - 1. Coral Breeze Limited tour - 2 snorkel stops in shark ray alley and then lunch and beachtime on Caye Caulker or 2.BelizeCruiseExcursions to Goff's Caye with 1 snorkel stop. I am leaning towards Goff's Caye. The first one would be better for my husband and I, but I think 2 snorkel stops might be too much for the kids. Goff's Caye is a small remote desert island - beautiful with great snorkeling right for the shore.
In Roatan, we will probablly go to Foster's for the day. A resort 10min. walk from Tabyana beach where the cruise boats send you for twice the price. You can take a water taxi over to the West End if you like or take a glass bottom boat ride right from their dock. They provide transportation to and from the cruise boat dock.
In Cozumel, we are going to spend the day at the beach. We went to Chankanaab Park 2 years ago on a cruise and did the dolphin encounter which was fun. The snorkeling was also good, but the beach has a rocky entrance into deep water - not great for swimming for young kids. This time I think we will go to Playa Corona for alittle snorkelling and then head over to Mr. Sancho's for some time on a big sandy beach. I think we will do this all by cab.
These our my thought for my family. Hope it helps.
Alex