Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Annalisa

Default shore excursion recomendations

Hello, My husband and I are going to be sailing on the Coral Princess March 2nd 2004. We will be stopping in Montego Bay, Panama Canal, Limon Costa Rica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations for shore excursions we would love to hear them. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Default Re: shore excursion recomendations

Jamacia - book a trip with Peat Taylor to Dunns River Falls- he is great- and climbing the falls is great fun, or you could book a river-rafting tour on the Martha Brae river - very beautiful, very relaxing, or spend a fun-filled few hours at Marqueritaville.
Grand Caymen - book a trip to see the sting rays- many good independant tour companies to choose from, we used Captain Marvin and loved it. Spend some time on 7-mile beach relaxing, or go snorkeling, most of the dive shops offer tours you can get on by just walking into the store. A trip to "Hell" is a waste of time. The Turtle Farm is just ok (imo)
Cozumel - if you snorkel or ever wanted to try it, this is the place! book a ships tour to the Palencaar Reef - amazing. If you want to spend a day at the beach do some snorkeling then grab a cab to Channunkaaub National Park- dolphin swims done here, need to book in advance. For a fun beach day go to Mr. Pancho's. If you are interested in history and the Mayan culture take a tour of the ruins ( takes a bit to get there) Make time for a stop at Carlos & Charlies for a marquerita before you head back to the ship.
Old January 14th, 2004, 04:21 PM
D Walstead

If Grand Cayman is on your itinerary and you snorkel I would recommend a free AWESOME sight within walking distance of the pier. Just walk to the left around the pier building and down the street about 200 yard just past the submarines and you will see a purple roof resturant called Paradise Reef. Grab a chair, get on your gear an get into the water by way of the reef steps that are provided. Service for cool ones is awesome, snorkeling some of the best, food (I recommend the conch). We spent about three hours there. Lunch and drinks approx $16.00. It was some of the best we have done expecially for that price. Email me if you have any other questions.
Old January 15th, 2004, 12:57 PM
cruisin 2

We will be going to georgetown great cayman, roatan, bay islands, belize and cozumel. we are in our early 60's...any suggests what to see and do??..any info would be appreciated....
Old January 16th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

A word of warning - the trip from Montego Bay to Dunns River Falls is a couple hours long. Be prepared to spend lots of time in a tour bus or other vehicle. The falls are worth it but if you decide to skip them, the Martha Brae is fun, and so is Margaritaville right in MoBay. I enthusiastically second the motion for the stingray swim in Grand Cayman; it is one of the coolest things I've ever experienced! Book it yourself rather than through the cruiseline. You can catch a tour right at the pier, but I would do it in advance just to be sure.
Cheers,
MaryC
Old January 23rd, 2004, 08:39 AM
A. B. Evensvold

Default Re: Re: shore excursion recomendations

Enjoy your comment about the Grand Cayman. Can you rent snorkling gear at the Paradise Reef? Thank you.