Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2004, 12:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ash
Default Beach Horseback riding

Hi there!
Virgin cruiser here. I'm just making my way to all the boards here & am full of questions today!
Has anyone been on a beach horseback riding excursion? As a little kid, that was just the height of adventure and romance to me, so I have to go do it.
Are any locations better for this type of thing than others? How do the prices range? Are you allowed a certain amount of freedom, or are you shepherded like a trail ride with no cantoring through the surf? Any first-hand information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ash

Radisson Seven Seas Mariner
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Happy Camper

Default Re: Beach Horseback riding

We did Ginger's Horses in Mazatlan and we did go through the surf. It was a great ride and the horses are well taken care of. It is outside of town and the surf is pounding - not a snorkel beach. We got a suburban tour guy right after we got off the ship adn he knew were they were - they all did - and we paid $17 a person for about an hour and 20 min. Guided tour.

We are looking at doing this in Belize on our next cruise in April. I read some great reviews about the tour. They take you into the rainforest and it is a 2 hour horseback ride. We'll see...

I had to do it too because of the Titanic movie! I couldn't do it in the regular caribbean ports because we won't give up scuba diving or snorkeling for it. Debbie
Old January 30th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ash

Thanks, Debbie! I was beginning to think nobody ever did this sort of excursion!
Ash

Radisson Seven Seas Mariner
Old January 31st, 2004, 12:06 PM
marcypan

You can ride horses on the beach in Grand Cayman. We were looking at Honey Suckle stable on http://caymanislandsdiscounts.com I think it was about $60.

In Belize they have jungle rides at a spa through http://belizecruiseexcursions.com supposed to have monkeys there too!