Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2004, 07:41 PM
eventdad

Default Kids Snorkeling in Belize!

I'm exhausted from reading all the web sites/forums about Belize excursions and what to do with kids...however...I still do not have an answer. My two kids (8 & 10) would simply like to find a beach to relax on and do some snorkeling. Both are excellent swimmers and love the water. We do not want to Cave Tube or see the zoo as several cruisers have recommended. Any advice from experience Belize visitors with children? What did you do for the day? Thanks for helping a desperate dad!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2004, 08:03 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Kids Snorkeling in Belize!

Don't know if your cruising or just going to Belize, but try www.coralbreezelimited.com.
They have an excellent Caye Caulker Beach/Snorkeling excursion. I booked the Cave Tubing through them and they were very professional. I read on a website that their company also does the tendering back and forth for the ships, so they pretty much know the ship's schedule. If you want to find out about Caye Caulker go to www.gocaycaulker.com. I did a lot of research also and this company was the cheapest for cave tubing. They answered my emails right away and also sent my confirmations, instructions, and everything right away and very professionally. Be worth checking out. Hope you have a great time! I am looking forward to going to Belize!
We cruise June 7 on the Enchantment and I can't wait!!!!!
Old May 28th, 2004, 11:42 AM
Sheila Jones

Last May I took my family to Belize for vacation and we hired Colin Gillett a tour guide that the hotel we stayed at recommended to us. Colin took us to Caye Caulker island village and my family especially the kids loved it. Colin arranged lunch for us at Rasta Pasta a popular island eat out and we all had fun. Colin can be reached at colin@royalmayanadventures.bz

Another thing he is great with kids.
Old July 7th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Davina

Hope I'm not too late. My kids loved Belize! Gotta know what you are doing before you get there. Belize has no beaches however if you take the Belize water taxi to Caye Caulker $15 adult, children 1/2 price round trip you will have a great relaxing day. My kids named Caye Caulker Gilligan's Island. If you go to were the people are snorkeling water is the clearest green I have ever seen. Sand bars you can walk out into the ocean for miles (even a volleyball net out in the middle of the ocean), pick up star fishes, great snorkeling. Not alot of people. I was nervous at first but found other cruisers at the island and even people who paid tour companys to take them there. Plenty of little restraunts, wonderful fruit, great cheap day for all of us. You can look on the internet for the Belize water taxi. Very reliable. We got back on the ship and heard how people hated Belize. They just did not know where to go.