Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Passenger

Default **HIGHLY RECOMMEND** Fury Catamaran Snokel & Beach party

I just returned from the Rhapsody of the Seas 9/26 cruise visiting Key West, Costa Maya, Mexico and Cozumel....We we on the Fury Catamaran snorkel and really enjoyed it.......You get onboard the catamaran and they give you your snorkel gear...and on the way to the snorkel area they teach you how to snorkel etc....My wife and I had never snorkeled before so we were a little worried about it, but the crew onboard made you feel really comfortable and provided lots of humor which really helped out alot. The boat has a stairwell that leads you down into the water that made it really easy to get in and out of the boat...almost anyone could do it....and I'm definately not the most physically fit person in the world.....We were able to snorkel about 45 minutes (it goes by really really fast) and then back onboard the boat the bar was open...They serve all you can drink margaritas, beer, sodas and water....Then they take you to your private secluded beach (right next door to Playa del Sol beach) They beach the catamaran on the sand and you get off.....there they have beach chairs, umbrellas, ocean kayaks and floats and sand volleyball for you to use...also they have a bar their also with the same free drinks because the catamaran cannot stay there on the beach the whole time...they said we would have an hour on the beach but it was more like 2 hours which was even better....our tour lasted from 9am to about 1pm.......it was very very nice. I would not recommend this tour for kids younger than like 13-14 yrs though as this seems to be more for adults with all the drinking etc...

Stuart

Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2003
Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2004
Sponsored Links