Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Panblondie

Default St. Lucia, Barbados & Antigua

I'm cruising w/Celebrity the end of October/early November and will be stopping in St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados and Antigua. I have no idea of what to see or do at any of these ports. Any suggestions will be VERY appreciated! (tend to like the beach, boats, etc.)
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Sheffie

Default Re: St. Lucia, Barbados & Antigua

I hope I can give you some information and some ideas.

In St. Maarten it is very easy to get a cab for a tour when you get off the ship. There are lots of them located at the end of the pier. We talked w/ the people and got a van that took us on a tour of the island, shopping, and then we went to Orient Beach. It was great. Last time in St. Maarten we did the America’s Cup Regatta (have to book this one through the ship, it is one of the best excursions we have ever done!) and then spent the afternoon at Dawn Beach. It was great. They had loungers and umbrellas you could rent, and there were places to eat.
Here is a site that might help:

http://www.st-maarten-info.com/

In Barbados, I have been searching other boards and found great recommendations for the following excursion: http://oceanadventures.bb/sailing.htm We will be doing this on our cruise.

In St. Thomas we are going to go on our own over to St. John for the day. It is such a beautiful little island. The ferry ride over is very enjoyable too!

Hope this helps.

Whatever you do, you will have a marvelous time!

Michelle
Old October 14th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Passenger

We did a swim with the turtles excursion in Barbados - really neat!

In St. Lucia, we hired a cab driver to give us a tour...don't do that...find some kind of water excursion there, we weren't too thrilled.

In Antigua we hired a cab driver (in this case it was a van with like 6 of us) to give us a tour and it was great! Really had a good time...be sure to see Nelson's Dockyard while you're there - I'm no history buff, but it really was very interesting.

St. Maarten we did my husband's all time favorite excursion - the America's Cup Racing Yachts. They are real yachts that have been used in the races - fun!
NCL Norwegian Star - Alaska