Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Passenger

Default Race Fantastique ~ For Adults?

Is this shore excursion more geared towards kids, or do adults have a great time, too?

PLEASE DON'T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY!
But I have a deathly fear of heights, and although I can handle a lot, I'm not interested in bunji jumping off of anything. Tell me there is nothing like that?!
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2007, 06:58 PM
Beginner

Default Info about Race Fantastique

Hi,

My name is Larry, and I am one of the organizers of Race Fantastique. (So, of course you know I want you to try it.) Having said that, however, Race Fantastique is geared for adults, though families seem really to to enjoy it. (One father told us that he hadn't had that kind of bonding experience with his kids in ages, if at all.)

We have no terrifying stuff, no bug eating, no personal growth stuff -- i.e. firewalking, jumping from tremendous heights, etc. Our game is meant to be somewhat mentally challenging, somewhat physically challenging, a great way to see Cozumel, and a lot of fun. If you'd like to get a slight sense of what we do, please feel free to check out our website (www.racefantastique.com), or check the thread on cruisecritic.com, and look for FLDee's post.

If you have any further questions, please let me know here or by direct e-mail. I will be happy to answer anything (without giving away any secrets), and will keep my fingers crossed that you join us when you're in Cozumel. If you do, be sure to introduce yourself.

Best,

Larry
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Passenger

Thanks Larry,

I looked at the website and it looks great. I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up...I'm just waiting to book my cruise first! Do you know if I have the option of booking straight with your company, or do I need to book through Carnival? It looks like if I book through Carnival, it's more expensive than the rate you charge. However, if I book straight through you, am I guaranteed to get back to the boat in time?

Thanks for your help.
Old May 5th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Beginner

Default more on Race Fantastique

Hi Jess,

At the moment, we are exclusive with Carnival; so we cannot make any separate deals. (It's both a blessing and a curse, as you can imagine.) We can offer the following, however: once you've booked your Race Fantastique (and your cruise), let us know, save the "confrirmation" e-mail we'll send you, and we'll give you a free Race Fantastique t-shirt when you introduce yourself to us. At any rate, we look forward to seeing you at the starting line! Don't hesitate to follow up with any questions or concerns. Smooth sailing.

Larry