Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2007, 12:19 AM
Familiar Face

Default info on the 4 and 7hr mayan ruins in cozumel

i want to know if the 4 hour tour has good views of the ruins, and i want to know if the 7 hour tour is worth it. i'm trying to decide i really don't want to be away to long from the boys but if the 4 hour tour is not worth it i would rather do the 7

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Conquest 9/14/ 2003 - Western Caribbean

Carnival Conquest 12/09/2007 - Western Caribbean

Carnival Triumph 12/07/2009 - Western Caribbean

Carnival Sensation 12/12/2010 - Bahamas

Carnival Legend 06/02/2015 - Alaska !!!
Sponsored Links
Old November 13th, 2007, 01:20 PM
cozumelcruising

Hi, the 4 hour tour will take you to the Mayan ruins of San Gervasio, in the center of Cozumel island. The site is quite large geographically, nevertheless it must be noted that the ruins in Cozumel cannot be compared to the ruins of the mainland such as Tulum, Coba or Chichen Itza. The Cozumel ruins are smaller and less impressive, nevertheless a unique attraction for ruins lovers. The 7 hour tour will take you to the world known Tulum Ruins, an impressive and beautiful site. Please take into consideration that this tour includes a 45 minute ferry ride to the mainland, a one hour bus ride to the ruins, ca. 2 hours to explore the ruins. Then transportation back. Despite the positive comments about attractiveness of the site, some people dislike the rather long transportation time on the 7 hour mainland tours. Short: time vs. size...good luck!