Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Beginner

Default Question leaving kid in kid camp while parents are in port

My husband, 5 yr old and I are taking the 12 Day European Carnival Splendor (Baltics). It was my intention for my daughter to stay on board during some of the port days. After doing research, I now find that some of the tours (for example, St Petersburg and Berlin) are very long days...9 hour tours. I do not feel comfortable leaving her for that long on the boat. Also, I spoke with a travel agent that is taking her 8 year old that said she absolutely will not be leaving her daughter in the kid camp on any of the port days. Ater speaking with her, now I am really concerned. I know my daughter loves the kid camp....we took her in Feb on the Carnival Legend. She beg to go to the camp.

Has anyone taken any of the tours in St Petersburg or Berlin and left there child on board in a "kid camp" for such a long day? Or should I just take her along? She is a pretty good traveler.

Any comments, tips, suggestions is greatly welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to hothouseflower
Default childcare

Maybe try it one day and see how she does? If it goes well, maybe pick two or so days where she will stay, and take her with you on the others so you will get a break, but won't feel bad for leaving her behind too much.
Old May 10th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I have been cruising with my kids since they were two, boys now 11 and 14. Here is my take. What if? What IF, something happens when you are in port and you do not make it back to the ship? If there are no relatives on the ship, who will care for the child? I have always taken the kids and modified the excursion if necessary. Just my two cents.

Suzanna
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

That very scenario, happened a few yrs ago...honestly, I wouldn't chance, not making it back to the ship for some unforseen circumstance, or, that something could happen onboard, and we could not be reached..

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator