Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Familiar Face

Default Ephesus May 2011

Two of us doing an excursion to Ephesus in May on board Nieuw Amsterdam.

I enquired with Hello Ephesus about adding in the Terrace Houses and Sirince village and the standard $60+ ea tour became a $100ea tour for just two of us.

Is it worth the extra dollars to include those two after after the standard sites? or shoudl we just stick with the standard tour.

Of course we could get the cost down if anyone else in interested.

Just let me know on the thread.:-)
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Talking Srince Village

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Scott View Post
Two of us doing an excursion to Ephesus in May on board Nieuw Amsterdam.

I enquired with Hello Ephesus about adding in the Terrace Houses and Sirince village and the standard $60+ ea tour became a $100ea tour for just two of us.

Is it worth the extra dollars to include those two after after the standard sites? or shoudl we just stick with the standard tour.

Of course we could get the cost down if anyone else in interested.

Just let me know on the thread.:-)
We happen to love Srince Village, have been there on all of our three stops in Kusadasi. It is a lovely little place and the ride up there is picturesque. Check out our trip report and pictures at http://www.bully4.us/blacksea2.html, Grand Princess Mediterranean Cruise Review and http://www.bully4.us/holyland.html for three different aspects of Kusadasi.

However, we have never been to the Terrace Houses, having been to many many ruins all over the Med and the world. Others who have gone there rave about them, though.

As with any shore excursions, it is all about what YOU want to see.

Have a GREAT cruise!

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
Old January 4th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Ephesus is the Western Anatolian civilization and the stunning natural paradise is located in the western part of Asia Minor, also called Anatolia, which is now part of the Republic of Turkey. E 'near the historic town of Selcuk (Seljuk) between the cities of Aydin and Izmir (Smyrna). It is 6 km. from the Aegean Sea and 680 km. Istanbul, 55 km. by Aydin, 225 km. from Denizli (Hierapolis), 180 km. from Bodrum, 205 km. from Marmaris and 510 km. Antalya.

History of Ephesus
Old February 22nd, 2011, 06:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

The Terrace Houses were probably my favourite part of Ephesus. Definitely worth the added expense. I have never been to Sirince Village though.

I don't know anything about Hello Ephesus, but I can HIGHLY recommend Ekol Travel. It was a private tour and very reasonably priced. We were met at the terminal by our guide with a sign with our name on it. The day was catered entirely to our interests and the tour guide (his name was Emre) and the driver were very knowledgable, fun and accommodating. Honestly, I can't say enough good things.

Regardless, you will have a fantastic time at Ephesus. Of all the places in the Mediterranean I have been, it is one of my favourites.