Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2001, 10:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Single/Sharing a Cabin on Carnival

I'm curious if anyone has traveled on Carnival using their single/share program, where they assign you a room mate of the same sex. Has anyone ever done this and how was your experience? I'm a little leary about sharing a room with a stranger, but if I hear some positive comments, I might give it a try. But I also want to hear the cons to doing this too. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2001, 08:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Single/Sharing a Cabin on Carnival

I wouldn't do it again unless I could get confirmation <in writing> that my roommate would be a non-smoker. I got matched up with a very nice older lady but she smoked like a chimney and the purser said she could not move me. It was a nice cabin but I didn't want to spend any time there. -- Jo
Old April 3rd, 2001, 03:38 PM
Pat Hagan

Jo, that would make for an unpleasant cruise--pairing up a smoker with a non-smoker in a cabin. Did you write to Carnival afterwards and let them know how disappointed you were? If not, I suggest you do so.Maybe they will change their policy and give people choices in the future.

Pat Hagan
singles editor
Old April 3rd, 2001, 09:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am wrestling with the same question myself. I can't seem to convince any friends to go with me and I love to cruise, especially on Carnival. I don't really care if someone smokes or if they are a not exactly my age group. My biggest fear is that I am going to be paired with someone who is a major complainer or a stick in the mud! Even if I wanted to pay the single supplement, I 'm concerned that I might have a harder time finding other people to hang out with if I don't take a chance on sharing a room.
Old April 4th, 2001, 02:35 AM
morris ng

I have cruise many times with Carnival on single share basis, no bad
experience so far, haven't got stuck with smokers yet.
Only once I got the cat 1 cabin which is upper and lower.
More than once I don't have any cabinmate, have the whole cabin to
myself.
It really depends on the season and how full the ship is, so far I have two
cruises book this year with carnival on single share basis
june 16 victory 350 plus tax
sept 16 spirit 530 plus tax

I think of all the cruise line single policy, carnival single share is a bargain,
and the food is really good, better than voyageur and the zenith.
Old April 5th, 2001, 12:57 AM
Margie Stinson

I met a woman on Carnival Jubilee Alaska Northbound out of Vancouver who was cruising alone, and she did NOT pay a single supplement! She said she told Carnival she wanted to book a single without paying the supplement -- take it or leave it -- and they took it. This was 5/99, so don't know if it would work now, but worth a shot.
Old April 6th, 2001, 03:11 PM
Passenger

I am a single male and have shared a cabin on 8 cruises. Since I travel through singles agencies and single males being the way they are I have been "requested" to stay out of the cabin many times as my roommate entertained a lady of the evening. Sleeping on the deck is not much fun. This happened on 4 of the 8 cruises. On the last cruise I gladly paid $250 extra for my own cabin. So the moral of the story is one takes ones own chances sharing with a stranger however many of my roommates were great. Alan
Old April 6th, 2001, 07:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for all the responses. I decided to take a chance and booked a single/share for the Triumph on June 9th. I'll let you all know how it works out!

And hey Pat..as you can see, I couldn't wait until the end of the year to go another cruise..lol
Old April 24th, 2001, 01:11 PM
alesia

I look forward to my time alone and wouldn't have a roomie for anything. Sleep when you want. Shower when you want. Wander around naked when you want, and best of all if you meet that all elusive someone you might want to be alone with you have the place to do it. Even when I cruise with friends we still go single....