Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2001, 11:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default singles cruises?

i have never been on a cruise and with prices coming down i think there is no better time then now to go on my first cruise. i will be traveling alone and i am 28 years old from PA. i have no clue where to start looking to book or whom to book with. preferable i would like to go on a news years cruise though i am not sure if i am to late to book for this year. otherwise anytime before the new year because i have vacation time that musst be used up. should i book online or thru a local travel agent? how about finding the cheapest airfair to the port? are there single cruises out of NY, NY. any information will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2001, 11:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: singles cruises?

Go to www.singlescruise.com and have a look.
Old November 13th, 2001, 08:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

I am sailing solo on the Norway for their New Year's cruise. It is not a "singles cruise" but I did meet some singles my last time aboard. I would imagine there are cabins available since this itinerary was announced fairly recently. The prices are great - more expensive than a non-holiday time but less expensive than most other ships. I recommend you see a travel agent to expore your options.

Jo
Old November 13th, 2001, 09:50 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Scott, since this is your first cruise and you are wanting to go New Year's, I suggest a "Singles Cruise." You will be with other singles and have a cruise coordinator to see that everyone is introduced and having a good time, plus there are complimentary cocktail parties and lots of other goodies. Just go to the Singles section of Cruisemates and check out my Singles Cruise calendar.

Let us hear what you decide to do.
Old November 13th, 2001, 09:51 PM

Jo, the Norway is a beautiful ship, and I have sailed her many times but have always thought singles tended to be a bit older, like 60ish. What is your opinion?

Pat Hagan, Singles Editor.
Old November 14th, 2001, 08:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

There were more "older" singles on the Norway, it's true, but there were some younger ones around. I just like to meet new people and am not that particular about their age or status, so maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. I will see what transpires on my New Year's cruise on the Blue Lady!

Jo
Old November 14th, 2001, 09:03 AM
worktocruise

I'm cruising on the Majesty of the Seas over Christmas and New Year's. Unfortunately the New Year's cruise is sold out! I love cruising alone. Once you try it, I'm sure you'll like it. I like the freedom of going where I want, doing what I want, when I want and not having someone else around to consider. Call it selfish, but it gets me away from everyone and everything!

I've been on 32 cruises (30 with Royal Caribbean) and several of those have been by myself. So if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me and I'd be happy to answer them.

Let us know if you book something.
Old November 14th, 2001, 05:05 PM

Thirty-two cruises? And Thirty with RCI? Wow! That's impressive. Thanks for posting and letting everyone know so they can contact you if they have questions.

Have a great New Year's cruise and tell us all about it when you return.