Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Passenger

Default NORWEGIAN SKY

I AM GOING ON THE SKY ON THE 15TH AND I HAVE TO QUESTIONS. 1) SHOULD I TAKE A TUX? 2) IS THIS A POOR CHOICE TO GO AS A SINGLE MALE?
Sponsored Links
Old December 27th, 2001, 04:09 PM
First Mate

Default Re: NORWEGIAN SKY

I went on the NCL Sky on December 15, 2001 as a single. It was terrible! The long 3 hour wait in line to get onboard the ship. I do not like Free Style Cruising. Every time you went to one of the main 2 dining rooms for breakfast, lunch or dinner, there was a line to stand in. You go on deck, it's a line. Lines, lines, everywhere you go.

EVERYBODY, their Moma, Daddy, big Brother and Sister were lying around reading. The Caribbean band was jamming away and nobody danced to the music. The only lively people were the children playing in the pool. The grown-ups were either lying around reading or in the hottubs. The young adults did most of the dancing in the disco.

There were no games or any entertainment on deck. The only entertain-ment other than the shows was held in Checkers Disco. I can not say I had "Fun In the Sun". There was not an abundance of singles. All the black folks were walking around fully dressed except me and coupled off.

I do not recommend the Norwegian Cruise Line to any young person who is out to have a natural ball and lots of fun on vacation. I will be going to Barbados in August 2002 on Carnival Destiny and I know I won't have any of the problems listed aboved. I love NCL's Norway Ship. It was fun.