Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default April Singles Cruise

Hi everybody,

I've received a lot of emails lately from single cruisers asking about a cruise for a more "mature" crowd, not a lot of wild drinking, partying, etc. Well, I think I've found one for us out of Ft. Lauderdale on April 24th, 7-nights on Princess' Caribbean Princess to St. Thomas (one of my favorite ports), St. Maarten, and Princess Cays. Rates are $599 inside per person. Check it out on the Cruisemates Singles Cruise Calendar, and I hope to see you onboard!!

Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Nanci
Default Re: April Singles Cruise

Hi Pat: Sounds like a great cruise but I am going on the Celebrity Summit on 4/30 to celebrate my birthday. However would definitely be interested in a future over 40 (or so) singles cruise.
Old March 17th, 2004, 08:37 PM
AMS

Hi Pat....Enlighten me..I am new to this web site...these single cruises..do we still pay the sinlge supplement..so $599 is not per "single person"....do you organize the single cruises and try to find share mates or is this up to us to do?
Old March 18th, 2004, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Re: April Singles Cruise

If you book a singles cruise with an agency that has a "guaranteed share," they will try to provide you with a cabin mate as to gender. If they do not find someone to share with you, then you have the cabin all to yourself and only pay the rate as if you had a roomie, i.e., if you paid $599 and no cabin mate was found, that's all you would pay...plus any port taxes, of course, if they are not included in the price. Some are. It depends on the agency. I suggest you check out the Cruisemates Singles Cruise Calendar and see which agencies offer the guaranteed share. And remember, some cruise lines have the same offer.

As for booking, Cruisemates is NOT a travel agency. You would book directly with the agency doing the singles cruise.

Good luck!

Old April 8th, 2004, 11:52 AM
MARY FOX

HI PAT ,WHY CANT I FIND APRIL CRUISE FOR" MORE" MATURE TRAVELERS(DONT YOU JUST LOVE THAT PHRASE) OR CAN YOU TELL HOW I WOULD BOOK IT? THANKS . MARY (54 AND STILL WAITING TO MATURE)
Old April 10th, 2004, 08:20 PM

Default Re: Re: April Singles Cruise

Hi Mary,

Just go to the singles section of Cruisemates and check out the singles cruise calendar.

Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:26 AM
shirley james

Default may 7th cruise sstarting from venice

I am going on the 7yh of May cruise for 12 days starting from Venice on the Westerdam is there anyone else travelling alone
Old April 23rd, 2004, 09:28 AM
MHP

Default Re: may 7th cruise sstarting from venice

You know for 10 months I subcribed to the Yourowncabin.com weekly newletter. (Prices for Singles) I was never able to hook-up with one...(but there were always lots to choose from) For $5.00 month it was worth it. Anyways...just booked the Century (single) for $838.00. for May 22nd. That was a great price. Now they waived my $5.00 a month fee for a year because I booked one. (thats ok) The only other website that even gives you single prices that won't kill you is Holland America. Every other major cruise line website bookings for singles are really in left field.

Just my two cents.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:35 PM
Whiteknight

"Yourowncabin" does have the best prices for singles who don't want to share a cabin, but there is no group involved. You are basically on your own. There's no one from the agency to organize any get-togethers, mixers, cocktail parties, special group events, separate dining for the group, exclusive group excursions, group exercise sessions, group dance sessions, group dating games or group karaoke, just to name a few of the benefits of a real single's group cruise. All you get with "Yourowncabin" is your own cabin at a good price. That's not a single's group cruise in my book. Before making a decision on selecting a cruise, you need to determine what you are getting for your money and if it's all that you want out of a cruise.