Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Beginner

Default Experiences with single cruises through VacationsToGo (or ot

Hey all!

I'm a mid-30s guy who has recently return to the world of the single, and decided it was time to finally try out this cruise thing!

I've been looking at an April 3rd VacationsToGo single cruise out of Galveston, TX - simply because that is the port I'm closest too...and wondered if anyone had an opinions (good or bad) on the single cruises that VacationsToGo has done in the past?

In addition, I'd love to hear from anyone who has done single cruises with a few different agencies (i.e. VacationsToGo, singlescruise. com, etc), as to which single cruises they thought were the best.

Thanks so much for any info you can share!

-Bill
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2005, 09:40 AM
wildjen68

Default Re: Experiences with single cruises through VacationsToGo (o

Hi billy I haven't done any cruises with vactions to go but I have done four with singlescruise.com and do my fifth in april the mexican riviera cruise april 24th-may 1st it leaves out of longbeach,Ca.I always had a great time with this group you should look into it.If you have any questions feel free to e-mail at anytime at wildgirljen68@yahoo.com
Jen/ct
Old January 6th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the reply Jen!

From reading the board a bit, singlescruise.com does seem to have a pretty good reputation...I just wish they had a cruise sailing out of Texas so that I wouldn't have to add the cost of airfare as well when I consider their cruises. =)

Any one else out there had experiences (good or bad) with another single cruise agency other than singlescruise.com?
Old January 9th, 2005, 04:32 PM
ChiTownNancy

Going with singlescruise.com first time this week 1/16 Valor. Can't wait! I KNOW I'll have a wonderful time.

I believe VacationsToGo is just getting into this, but I have been eyeing some of their offerings since they offer cruise lines other than Carnival. Taking a quick peek... they're going on Carnival, Costa, Holland, Royal Caribbean, Princess, and even Crystal. I like this as I have an RCCL credit card (with points) and am trying to earn Diamond Status with them They also seem to vary the ages of their groups. They even have one for single parents sometime in June or July.... Have also heard good thinkgs about (?) cruisingforlove.com , which is probably just as good for creating friendships.

As a single/solo cruiser, I think any of these are a GREAT idea!

Nancy
Old January 12th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Beginner

Thanks for your thoughts Nancy!

I had wondered if VacationsToGo was just getting into these single groups cruises, which would explain why there don't seem to be a lot of people that have been on one of their single cruises.

I've mainly been looking at VacationsToGo because they have a single cruise sailing out of Galveston, Texas on 4/3, and since that is the port I'm closest too, I wouldn't have to worry about airfare.

I've also been looking at singlescruise.com, VacationsToGo.com and even cruisingforlove.com for a future singles Alaskan cruise (since I'll have to fly no matter what with an Alaskan cruise)...but I'm wanting to do my first a little closer to home.

Take care, and happy cruising!

-Bill
Old January 12th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Both of those agencies are reputable. You should have no problems with either and if you do they usually do what they can to resolve any problems quickly. I'm not saying you will get the perfect TA assigned to you but they have an overall high rating of doing good.
Jim

Old January 12th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Yeoman

All of the agencies listed on our Cruisemates calendar in the singles section are reputable. I have experience with many of them, but I am glad to see cruisers sharing their experiences.

If anyone has a specific question, email me and I'll try to help.

Old January 14th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Sunnie

I have been on a few cruises with Singlescruise.com and had a great time. read through the testimonial page on there website. They've been in business for a dozen years or so. Vacationtogo is just starting out booking cruises for singles which is why they dont have any experience to talk about. *** edited 01/29/05***
Old January 17th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Passenger

There's nothing wrong with a small group. I would much rather be in a small group, under 100 people.
I was on a Hawaii cruise with www.allsinglestravel.com in December. There were only 24 of us and I had a BLAST!
Next cruise will be Alaska. I'm eyeing Vacations To Go and also another one from www.allsinglestravel.com.
I've sailed a few time with NCL and Carnival. I'd love to give Princess a try.

Old January 18th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Jenjen

I just got back from the New Year's Eve cruise run by singlescruise.com and I had such a great time that I am going to go again next year for sure. I would highly recommend their cruises. I'm mid thirties, too...34 to be exact, and I was really nervous about going alone...but I wasn't on that ship for more than 15 minutes before I was at a table with about 8 other women cruising with singlescruise.com drinking champagne and having a blast!

Jennifer
Washington DC
Old January 20th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Passenger

Began "cruising" websites today for info on single cruises - thanks so much for all the information from your posts and getting me pumped up about taking a single cruise! Glad ya'll are having a blast!

Can anyone tell me age groups with these cruises? I'm 45 and going with a good friend whose 35, so want to target (if possible - you tell me!) 35 as the low-end of the age range!

Anyone want to take this one!
Old January 20th, 2005, 08:35 PM
wildjen68

I would check out singlescruise.com it's all ages .cruiseing for love are mostly people 40 and over .I've done four cruises and going on two more this year with singlescruise.com..I always have a good time.I met alot of good people on these cruises that's why I keep going back if you have any questions feel free to e-mail .
jen/ct
Old January 20th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Experiences with single cruises through VacationsToG

I'm 38 and was on the younger end of the spectrum ion the allsinglestravel group cruise to Hawaii. Most were in their early to mid 40's, a few were a bit older.
I personally like a less rowdy group and I'm not a big drinker.

Right now I'm looking for an Alaska cruise. I've found 6 (yes 6!) possibilites. Every singles travel site seems to have one planned for this summer. They all look pretty great. The price range is very similar with all 6 cruises that I'm interested in. There are 2 from Vacations To Go that will be on Princess. The Aim Higher Travel's Alaska cruise in on RCL, roundtrip from Vancouver. That route sounds pretty good. I have a feeling that Aim Higher Travel attracts an older group. If anyone has cruised with them, please let me know your experiences.

Old January 23rd, 2005, 08:54 PM
Passenger

I just signed up for Vacations to go spring break cruise on Costa March 13th. They have about 100 people signed. Most are in their 40s and 50s with an equal balace of the sexes.
Old January 27th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Jenjen

I am 35, too. My New Year's cruise with singlescruise.com had (I think) about 300 people on it. The result was that I spent time with people that were anywhere from 22 to 65. We all had a blast together. I would guess that most on my cruise were in their mid 30s to early 40s.
Old January 28th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty

I am going on Carnival's April 8 day exotic Western carribean cruise with Crusing for love. It's my first singles cruise. Im 39 but look an awful lot younger, I hope that there will be some younger singles on this trip and not everyone 40 and over. Ann who books the cruises is very nice, she says there is something to be said about a smaller group that more lasting friendships are formed. She has a lot of repeat customers, so that it a good sign. I might try Singles cruise.com next time to compare but I really liked the ports on this cruise. Who knows maybe I will meet some of you people who post here on board!
Old January 29th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Passenger

Hi DeeBee,

Just curious how you find out the number of single cruisers on a Vacation To Go cruise. I am booked on the Zuidendam for April 23/05, I am single and wondering, hoping there will be other single cruisers aboard.
Any advice??

Thanks Dani
Old February 4th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Njoylivn

I have been talking to Vacations to Go this week regarding the April 3rd sailing. It is my understanding that this week was their first singles only cruise. They had a large group going. There are over 60 signed up now for the April 3rd sailing...
I went with Cruise.com in May for a 3 night sailing to the Bahamas. They had a lot of activities and the group was very diverse. There were over 300 people. I find it more enjoyable to cruise with a group of Singles rather than going on a cruise with a friend or alone. It's easier to meet people and mingle..
Old February 5th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Passenger

If you look at their website uner "singles" you will see that they have a number of singles cruises. The April 3rd sailing is not the first.

Dani,
I found out the number of singles signed up by asking Romeo Leary, the travel agent and tour guide for that cruise.
Old February 5th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Beginner

Deebee...I think what Njoylivn was saying was that Vacations to Go's first singles cruise was this past week (it sailed this past Monday, on 1/30), and that it had a large group of singles on it.

Njoylivn...I spoke with them about that April 3rd sailing back in early January and they only had about 40 in the group then, so it sounds like they are making good progress as the sailing date gets closer - which is good! I would had already signed up myself for that cruise, but didn't have the funds back then...however, I am hoping my tax refund will fix that problem. =) So, do you think your going to end up going on that 4/3 sailing?
Old February 14th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Beginner

bump
Old February 17th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

I've never had any complaints about either agency.

Pat Hagan,
Cruisemates Singles Editor