Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Laura_D
Default In Defense of CruisingforLove.com

Here is an email from a person who recently was on the April 4th cruise that Ferret wrote about on this board. So, this is just another perspective from another cruisingforlove.com passenger. The message attached below was not written by me, but I have pasted it here for your reference. I have removed some of the names mentioned, to respect those other persons' rights. I am going on the NYC Cruise on May 29th to the Eastern Caribbean so I frequently look for perspectives to help me understand what to expect. So, for those of you who want other input (other than Ferret's), here is a recent cruiser's recall of their trip:

Ann,

Hope all is well. The cruise was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

[XXXX} and I got along very well. She was a wonderful roommate and we became instant friends. I hope to see her again.

How did we get upgraded???????? We had a balcony cabin and we both booked inside cabins. We ended up having room service/ breakfast on the balcony. It was awesome.

And [XXXXX] met a great guy (G from XX).

As for me, I met and “ got together” with XXXX ( from XX). He is an “ interesting” person to put it mildly. :-)

I loved going cave tubing in Belize/ white water rafting in Costa Rica/ seeing the Panama Canal, etc.

And I met some terrific women/other friends (XXXXX from XX and XXXX from XX).

All in all, I had a great vacation. Thanks so much!

Hope you all enjoyed this post. And, I hope it gives you another perspective, (if you're over 25) on going with cruisingforlove.com. If you are in your 20's, it might not be very enjoyable to hang out with folks 36-55. Ann Rotman books singles cruises mostly for 36-55+. Hope this helps!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2005, 08:35 PM
colobound

Default Re: In Defense of CruisingforLove.com

I just wanted to add my opinion to this matter. I have been on a cruise with Ann's group and I don't really understand what the other folks problems could be. I found Ann to be a very nice person and she handled situations that came up on the cruise in a professional manner. Before the cruise I had e mailed her and called her several times with many questions and she always took time out of her busy schedule to chat with me and answer all my questions.
I guess some people can never be pleased all the time. I wonder if their age had something to do with their impatience or whatever else their problems were.
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Admiral

I also was on this ship and I was friends with the gal who wrote the post. She found a guy from the group I did not, I did however find a guy who worked on the ship and we got together. The group was nice and bonded quickly. While I would have liked to have seen more guys in our group and more younger people I had a great cruise and I can't really complain. The activities were not my thing and the times they were scheduled interfered with important tanning time, or sleep time ( Im a night owl who sleeps late) so I did not attend many of them. It's luck of the draw as far as cabin mates go and I got very lucky I had an awesome roomate who was willing to give me and the guy I met some privacy. She also didn't mind that most of my clothes took up the entire stateroom and that Im not the neatest person on vacation. The women in our group were very cool and we became fast friends, I didn't go on this to really hook up with a guy Im very picky, and it was a bonus that I meet someone, the women on the other hand were very nice and I also liked some of the guys as friends. I hope to keep in touch with tmany of them and cruise with them in the future. I might try different companies to compare but I've heard complaints about the other companies as well. I do think all the companys should have a questionare and message board to help match potential cabin mates. The trip is also what you make of it, I made the best of mine. The price was one of the best I found, be open minded and give it a try.
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Passenger

big deal only thing she did that ann maybe had to do with is she met a man? all the other stuff can be accomplished on a crusie wout help of a singles group, and even cam meet a man wout help, but im sure she met him in the group, upgrade, fun,excurisons all done on any other normal cruise. i mean read the other one. no one wanted to get together for a photo, now thats funny, called losing control of a group cause of bad host.
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Passenger

Before the cruise I had e mailed her and called her several times with many questions and she always took time out of her busy schedule to chat with me and answer all my questions.
OMG i just saw this and def have to respond, she didnt give me 2 seconds of her time om emails and took several days to respond, and like it was a bother to ask her questions, her cust service was terrible. lucky u got better service is all i can say.
***edited 04/13/05 ***
Old April 14th, 2005, 02:40 AM
Ferret

I'm not trying to start a debate here. I just wish that there were opinions like mine out there when I booked my cruise. It would have been very helpful.

I'm not overly picky. I've been on two singles crusies with singlescruise.com and would book with them again (I already have, actually.) Singlescruise.com really has their act together and has stuff for older and younger people. They make meeting each other very easy. The cruise directors

If it's true that Ann's agency caters to the over 35 crowd, fine, but that should be publicized to people like me (I'm 27). It's also not fair to people who book a cruise thinking it's going to be only for 35+ and then find out us bratty kids are on there!

I also had a great time on the cruise I just went on, but it was no thanks to Ann or the cruise director. I would have had the same experience had I booked through expedia. The man I spent most of my time with was actually someone standing behind me in line during embarkation.

And showcat, I think you know me. I'm Emily...tall blonde, kind of quiet.
Old April 17th, 2005, 02:19 PM
alaskacruiser

I went to Alaska with Ann's group last summer and as far I know everyone had a good time. Fun events and much commeraderie. Dinners were fun, social events were fun and so were the the ports hanging out with people from our group.
p.s. I plan on going to Alaska again with CFL
Ann Rocks!!!!
Old April 17th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Ferret

We can see your IP address...

no need to post another opinion with a different username under the same thread.
Old April 17th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default the cruising for love posts

Hello All,

I'd like to thank everybody for their feedback on their recent cruise.

I think its very important that these boards encourage and welcome honest feedback from past passengers on their cruises. If I want to just read good things about a cruise company or singles group cruise, I could just look at brochures and go to the cruise group's website.

It is not unusal for people on the same trip to have different opinions/feelings about the trip. Hopefully, Cruisemates will continue to be a good place for singles/solos to come for information about singles cruises.

Faith
Old June 21st, 2005, 07:31 AM
First Mate

I am planning to book with Cruising for Love but not for looking for Love but to go on a cruise that doesn't have alot of children running around the ship.

Months before the cruise you should do alot of research go to sites like Cruisemates and ask questions. If you are a shy person, upgrade your personality so you can meet people on this ship anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. You can have a ship full of beautiful men and women if you don't know how to talk to them you might as well stay in your cabin or at home

Al