Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Passenger

Hi Renee, Ginny and Sue,
Welcome to the group. It's great to see our little list growing as it is. One of our members has created a new group forum that is exclusively for those of us from this site. It even has a database that lists all of our upcoming booked cruises, which makes it so easy to find others who may be going where you want to go.

Ginny & Sue, since you provided your email addresses, I will send you an email so you know what to look for. I don't want to put anything in here that may be deleted.

Renee - if you want to send me your email address, I can do the same for you. JoCat07@aol.com

If I remember correctly, someone from our group is also looking into a Panama Canal trip for 2006.

Looking forward to chatting more with you, and once again, welcome.
Joanne
Old November 22nd, 2005, 07:18 AM
Yeoman

In response to Dee, who wanted to know how to subscribe to a Cruisemates newsletter, go to the home page, then click to "About Us," and there will be a "Subscribe" blank on the top right.

And thank you, Dee, for the kind words about Cruisemates!
Old November 25th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo J
Hi Renee, Ginny and Sue,
Welcome to the group. It's great to see our little list growing as it is. One of our members has created a new group forum that is exclusively for those of us from this site. It even has a database that lists all of our upcoming booked cruises, which makes it so easy to find others who may be going where you want to go.

Ginny & Sue, since you provided your email addresses, I will send you an email so you know what to look for. I don't want to put anything in here that may be deleted.

Renee - if you want to send me your email address, I can do the same for you. JoCat07@aol.com

If I remember correctly, someone from our group is also looking into a Panama Canal trip for 2006.

Looking forward to chatting more with you, and once again, welcome.
Joanne

Hello -
I tried to find the forum you referred to in this message, but was not successful. I stumbled across this thread while looking for a way to contact Pat Hagan. When I have more time, and I'm not so tired from the tryptophan effect of Thanksgiving dinner, I'll be back to read all the posts. Can I have someone send me the link referred to above? cruister@msn.com Thank you in advance for your anticipated response. By the way, I qualify for this message board! I'm 51 and started compiling 40+ cruises on my roster in 1968. We thought a 20,000+ ton ship was huge, then!
Old November 25th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Passenger

Hi Cruister,

I think you're talking about the forum that we have created for women fifty and over, which is not a part of CruiseMates. The reason you couldn't find it because it is a "closed group" by invitation only.

I'm going to go ahead and subscribe you to the group.

Cheers!
Desert Diva

I tried to find the forum you referred to in this message, but was not successful. Can I have someone send me the link referred to above? cruister@msn.com
Old November 26th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Beginner

I am interested in singles cruising as a straight female of 54. I recently went through an unwanted divorce of after 27 years together. I'm trying to get back out in the world and want to have some fun. I am still working, so the time frames are limited to summers or vacation times.
Old November 26th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Passenger

Hi bhubbard,

We have set up an e-mail list of women who are interested in the same. I'm in the "same boat" as you since I work for a school district. BTW, you wouldn't be interested in a New Year's cruise would you? I signed up for HAL Oosterdam and have a single cabin.

Please send me your e-mail address to desertdiva at (you know the sign) fastmail.fm and I'll put you on our list. I wrote out my e-mail address to discourage "spammers."

Cheers!
DesertDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhubbard
I am interested in singles cruising as a straight female of 54. I recently went through an unwanted divorce of after 27 years together. I'm trying to get back out in the world and want to have some fun. I am still working, so the time frames are limited to summers or vacation times.
Old December 6th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Beginner

I am a 50 yo, recently divorced after 24 years of marriage. The 17 and 21 yo decided to live with Dad and I am own my own except for Shorty, my Yorkie. I would love to be included in your group that goes cruising as it is my favorite vacation. Where else can you be waited on hand and foot, have an onsite spa and recreation or just sit around reading a book. Count me in please. Rmaupin1@cfl.rr.com. I am also a Florida girl about 45 minutes from Cape Canaveral. 8)
Old December 13th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Passenger

Welcome RMaupin,
Glad to have you with us.

I just realized that this group, which started with a handful of posts, has grown considerably to 27 group members, with 18 cruises already booked between now & the end of next year. This is great!

Just wanted to say hello and I'm sure we'll chat more on the group board.

Happy Holidays to all.

Jo
Old December 28th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Passenger

Default Singles over 50

Like most, I just found this group. I am 58, single, and wanting to cruise. Could you add me to your group? Thanks. Nancy from southern California
Old December 28th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Passenger

I posted the e-mail below to JoCat07@aol.com, but it came back indicating "unknown".
Hi,
I posted on the cruise site, but I am also writing you to get on the list to receive e-mails about over 50 singles cruises.
I am 59 years old, and semi-retired, I guess you would call it. As of right now, I am available to travel between January 28 and February 5, April 6 to April 16, and during the month of August (all 2006). I am very flexible and would enjoy cruising almost anywhere. I can either share or have my own room. If you would keep me in mind, I would appreciate it. Thanks. Nancy
my e-mail address is mysummer2@earthlink.net
Old December 30th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Yeoman

Hi--

To whomever was trying to contact me: PHagan4952@aol.com.
Old December 31st, 2005, 10:10 AM
Passenger

Hi Nancy,
I did receive your email - don't know why it would have come back to you. Anyway, Glad you're here, and looking forward to chatting more with you. I have sent your email address to the moderator of "our group" and you will be receiving an invitation to join our off-site group. We have a database where our booked cruises are listed. Hopefully you will find something there that interests you - or maybe you can get with others who have not yet booked.
Looking forward to talking more with you. Happy New Year to you & everyone on this site.
Joanne
Old January 24th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Passenger

Hello Ladies...How is everyone?

my name is annie and thoou I am a young chap at 49 i feel 50...my kids are grown and I retired a few years ago at a younger than most..age..I am looking for cruise buddies to go out and play with...I will go anytime anywhere the ship is going...so please let me know if you can make an exception on the age...thenks annie
Old January 30th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to skye Send a message via MSN to skye Send a message via Yahoo to skye

Hello from scotland I would like to join the 50s Singles cruising .

Could you put me on your listing.

It looks a great idea, I am on my own, now 59. I love to cruise and I can join you at where the ship leaves.

Thanks
Skye

(My email is colburn_e@hotmail.com)
Old February 1st, 2006, 10:42 PM
Beginner

Default singles group

Hi From Michigan. retired female. been on 40 cruises in last 30 yrs. it is way to go. looking to join goup cruises and meet single people. 50plus years old here.
Old February 7th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Beginner

Hi all,
My mother has recently suffered several losses--partner, beloved dog and her mother--she is interested in cruising in Europe...she hasn't ever been on a cruise and wants interesting and somewhat cultural type experiences. She's a very young seventy-ish. my e-mail is drewg7@earthlink.net. Let me know what anyone suggests.
Old February 7th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Passenger

HI...GIRLS!!!!

I AM 49 AND A RETIRED NURSE...I AM FINALLY AN EMPTY NESTER....BOOTED THE CHEATER OUT THE DOOR, 3 YRS AGO....ITS TIME TO GO OUT AND PLAY.........SO LETS GET OUR ACTS TOGETHER AND FIND A DATE AND CRUISE WE CAN GO ON TOETHER ONCE WE GET TO KNOW A BIT ABOUT US......I AM MORE THAN WILLING TO SHARE A CABIN....

I DO SMOKE BUT NEVER IN MY CABIN...AND DON'T SMOKE THAT OFTEN..
I TRAVEL VERY LITELY AND TAKE VERY L;ITTLE SPACE..I USUALLY ARISE
7-8AM BUT WILL GET UP EARLIER IF IN PORT. ENJOY SPENDING TIME ON MY OWN AND ENJOY SPENDING TIME GETTING TO KNOW OTHERS, I AM NOT MUCH OF A DRINKER, I NEVER GET DRUNK!!!

WITH THAT SAID...LETS GO GIRLS!!!!!
Old February 11th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Beginner

Hi ladies, I am a 51 year old straight, divorced (5 yrs.) female that would love to join the group. I have cruised alone, with friends and single-shared. However, I liked the idea of have a pool of people that travel and might consider sharing a cabin to avoid the single supplement. I am active, non-smoker, don't drink and a cabin mate that does not snore and is not in your way or expect to be included in every aspect of a cruise. I enjoy cruising the Caribbean at least once a year, have already done Alaska, but looking to do western shore of Mexico, Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand, and Italy over the next several years.

You mentioned a post site just set up for the group. If possible I would like to join it and if anyone is interested in any of the above destinations, give me a shout. For the Caribbean this year, I'm looking at the Caribbean Princess for May 20 if anyone is interested in sharing, or am open to any cruise that hits the Caymans, Belize to dive or snorkel.

I think its a great idea that you have formed an informal group with similar interest and hope to hear of upcoming ideas for cruises.

Candace
pasolink@msn.com
Old February 11th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Passenger

Default re-do

My name is annie...i live in northern california...and i booted the cheater out 3 years ago..and i now find myself an empty nester..yipee..!!!

now my kids are telling me to go out and play..

i can go anywhere anytime..for i am retired nurse..

please feel free to contact me....at lbstr47@aol.com

thanks, hope to hear from you...all.............ANNIE
Old February 13th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Beginner

\Hi everybody,

I am fifty, single straight female, still working nurse..How do nurses get to retire at such an early age.? Anyway, I would love to join this grouplll
I went on 2 cruises with my ex..Loved them. So I decided to go with my sis on the last cruise and guess what? I still loved it. But I dont think she is quite as addicted as I am...
Old February 14th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Passenger

Hi to all new comers. Welcome & glad you found us. For those of you who want to join our informal group, please send me an email to JoCat07@aol.com. (that's zero7). The email address is in use, so if you get any error, it could be the wrong address was typed. Just be sure to put "Over 50 Singles" in the subject line so I don't delete it as spam.

We have a great group with many different destination preferences. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Joanne
Old February 15th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Passenger

I'm a 53 year old female from southern Calfornia ready to go cruising. I'd love to know more about the cruises planned by this group. I e-mailed the above address and hope to hear from you all.
Lyn
Old February 15th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Passenger

Default ladies over 50 cruise

LET GET THIS PARTY STARTED;

PLEASE VOTE:::::

LETS START WITH WHICH STATE WE ARE ALL FROM;

LETS DECIDE ON A MONTH

ALL THOSE READY TO GO IN

APRIL
MAY
JUNE
JULY
AUG
SEPT.
OCT
NOV
DEC.

NOW LETS DECIDE WHAT CRUISES ARE GOING DURING THOSE MONTHS

WHEN YOU POST YOU REPLY PLEASE INCLUDE:::

1. THE DEPARTURE PORT..
2 IS IT ROUND TRIP.
3 THE TIME AND DATE THE SHIP LEAVES...
4 AND THE COST..

5 SMOKER OR NON-SMOKER..
6 WILL YOU SHARE A CABIN

AND ARE YOU WILLING TO OPEN YOUR HOME TO THOSE WHO HAVE TO TRAVEL THE DAY BEFORE TO THE DEPARTURE PORT?

WILL YOU OPEN YOUR HOME FOR A MEETING POINT AT THE PORT OF DEPARTURE...?

PLEASE SEND ALL INQUIRIES AND SUGGESTIONS

TO ;LBSTR47@AOL.COM.

I WILL DO EVERYTHING I CAN TO ORAGANIZE ALL OF US...I AM RETIRED AND HAVE PLENTY OF TIME...ANNIE
Old February 15th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to DonnaMarieNJ

Hi everyone!

I am 51, single, straight, non-smoking, and would love to go with a group on a cruise! I am interested in sharing a cabin, also. I live in NJ, but don't necessarily have to sail from this area.

I am a new poster, so please advise what is my next step. Thanks!
Old February 18th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Passenger

Hi Everybody!

I'm 59 and married, but hubby doesn't like to cruise and he doesn't mind if I go alone...I did cruise with a friend, but she can't travel this year financially. Cruising is a great way for me to destress and relax in the Caribbean sun...So, I'm interrested in joining your group...and looking forward to hearing from you.

Barbara
Old February 20th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Beginner

Default I am a single female over 50 and love to cruise also

You all sound like great people. I want to go on the Golden Princess and take the Greek Island cruise that starts in Venice, Italy and also visits Croatia then ends up in Rome. Does that sound like anything any of you are interested in? I have been on 8 cruises so far and I loved them.
Old February 23rd, 2006, 04:15 AM
Banned
Familiar Face

Hi Hi...please pm me as I would love to be on this list..

I am actively seeking a straight, non smoking female roomie for cruises

Have cruised before with ex and with girlfriends

I am a VERY young 55, but feel pretty sad as I have lost 2 girlfriends to cancer , one in dec 2005 and one in aug 2006, these were my good pals, both were also my travel buddies, and I had gone on cruise with both of them and also to orlando

not looking for "love", am dating a guy, we just went to Universal for a nice little getaway, but he is NOT into crusing, cant get away, has dogs to board etc...<sigh> I have girlfriends but all are married, or have grandkids or jobs or something keeping them home, one is seasick, NO one can get up and "go" >>

I am self employed and can take off...especially "bargain minded" and love 'deals">>>> many good deals in spring/fall/winter out of florida, prefer ft laud or miami port,

am open to any ideas /offers and also could find deals for us

would love a real "travel" pal, but just a roomie is fine too <grin>
I am NOT particularly adventerous, like a good book, lounge chair
I enjoy company but also dont mind being on my own

I am a non smoker, dont drink much, pretty neat, "positive"

love the spas, massages...also even like that at some cruise stops
I enjoy shopping, not for diamonds and the stuff the cruise line pushes haha...I like finding a nice purse, blouse, costume jewelry, and cool beauty products ...body lotion, perfume etc, from the place I am visiting
I can amuse myself easily

not real "into" some cruise line excursions, dont like riding buses for hours

ready to go anytime ...would like to do one spring, one fall but open to ideas??

ideas >> some super deals on carnival , also on celebrity..
am interested too in the ncl ship the new one ...jewel
might also try an 8 day cruise some of the new ships can go pretty far
but really "up" for most any cruise out of ft laud or miami
other than the 3 or 4 day bahamas ones ....thanks so much in advance

Cheryl
Old February 24th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Passenger

Default Way Out Of Line

This message is for Ridinsolo:
In my opinion, your last post on this thread was way out of line. Your questions are soliciting information that (especially) single women should not answer. Wanting to know if anyone would open their HOME to a stranger is over the top. Please do NOT contact me with a request to join this group.

FOR EVERYONE:
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THE QUESTIONS ABOVE FROM THIS POSTER ON THIS THREAD OR TO ANY POSTER WITH SIMILAR QUESTIONS ELSEWHERE. Our safety is the most important thing.
Old February 24th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Beginner

Default Over 50 Singles

I don't think ridinsolo meant any harm but you are right. We should not post any of that type info here.
Old February 24th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Beginner

Default To ShareCruises

We could all go as a group. When you go as a group you get a discount on your cabins. We would just have to organize it. I'm up for it!