Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Yeoman

Default How many singles cruises?

I'd love to hear how many singles cruises you have been on. Actual numbers. No fudging. I'd also like to hear which was best and why. I think all of us solo cruisers would be interested in others' cruising experiences.

Pat Hagan
Singles Editor
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2005, 08:27 PM
khemet1975

Default Re: How many singles cruises?

I've gone on one mardi gras singles cruise. I went with a few single female associates. I was half way in love with a man who ended up proposing. So, I wasn't interested in anyone else. Out of the 200 or so that traveled, three were African American. Of which two were my type (tall and handsome) and those same two thought I was their type...but I was not mentally single. The women I traveled with were NOT happy about their lack of choices and the fact that the only men of color that they found attractive were interested in an uninterested me. Not, the best place to be.

I am cruising this New Year's and I'm trying to find other singles of color in their 20's and 30's to cruise with during that time.

btw, I thought I'd posted this as a reply before but started a new thread instead! Are you able to delete the new thread entitled "cruises" as I was only trying to respond to this one?
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to BrendaS Send a message via Yahoo to BrendaS

Yikes! Don't delete the other one. I asked a question there because I didn't know you'd posted here Khemet.

As far as singles cruises....uhhhh....sad to say, I haven't been on ANY cruises yet, but my first one is booked for December and I have a cabin mate that I found at this website. It's a male and we are trying to get to know each other well enough before then tha we don't annoy each other too terribly much.

Romance? That isn't part of the plan, but I never say "never."

Brenda
Old August 8th, 2005, 03:11 PM
wildjen68

I have been on five singles cruise and I have two more booked.I have always have on each cruise I do.I used to just go without a group and it wasn't as fun as going with a group.You never know if they will large group of singles on the ship.my favorite cruise was the mexican rivera cruise 2005 because I met my boyfriend on there and we are still together.
Jen/ct
Old August 12th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Jenjen

I've been on one--last year's New Year's Eve cruise with singlescruise.com, and I'm booked for this year's singlescruise.com New Year's Eve cruise, too. I'd love to have gone on more, but my job just doesn't allow much time off.
Old August 14th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Chetter

Greeting and Salutations :

Yes The good ole Singles cruises . I have been on 8 of them and they are the only way to go if you are single . I went 7 of those with Singlescruise.com on which 4 of them I was a So called in training to be a Cruise Coordinator . Finally before Debbie sold the company to Carlson Travel I had the experience that I have been waiting for and that was to be a Cruise Coordinator . She gave me the Chance and it was the Best experience in my Life . It was hard work but well worth it . I went on One Cruisngfor Love .com which was excellent Ann did a great Job . I am back where I started from and taking the Halloween cruise via Vacationstogo.com and I'm looking forward to that .

I have to add something also I had the honor to meet Pat Hagen the Singles editor for this Website on one of my Singles cruise . What a wonderful Lady and She knows Cruising . Pat: Remember the picture you took of us doing a BA on deck :-)

Singles cruises are the Best !

Chetter
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:56 PM
TK

Chetter,

I hear there are two Haloween cruises this year. Any big differences? or reason to pick one over the other?

TK
Old August 15th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Chetter

Default Re: Re: How many singles cruises?

Hi
Singlescruise.com has 2 going on different Dates but the one I am going on is Vacationstogo.com halloween singles cruise . They now have 200+ going and the yahoo website is Hopping . THe ratio as I write this Letter is 2 gals to 1 guy . Not Bad ! Check into it It will be allot of fun . Its also going to 4 ports instead of the normal 3 which is well money spent .

Good luck and if you do book I'll make you a Drink Ooops I wasn't suppose to say that . (Bring my own boos with me :-) )

chetter