Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Passenger

Default Expensive cruiselines like Crystal cruises doesn't excite me

I have a simple life with a simple life-style. I don't need to be waited hand and foot. There are plenty of regular cruiselines that offer great foods so I don't think that the Crystal cruises are any better than the regular cruises.
The ships are smaller too with less people for me to meet. I love to meet lots of people. I get joy just watching people.
I don't need to play rich me since I am just a prosperous gal and not a super rich person who is willing to spend more than $2,000.00 per person just to cruise on a lux cruise ship. I know some people will spend the money just to say, "Been there, done that."
I am happy just to keep on cruising on affordable ships that fit my lifestyle and budget. Luci
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to eekmd

I agree and disagree. I think there can be a certain charm to being on smaller ships sometimes. In fact, I'd even love to hit a windjammer cruise sometime with only a couple hundred people. There may be fewer people, but it's a much more "tight knit" group of people, and that makes it easier to make friends. Or maybe a windstar cruise. Something to feel the rocking of the ocean might be fun. The bigger the ship, the more it can feel like being in a shopping mall to me.

Also, something that a luxury line like crystal offers is some interesting ports that you probably wouldn't be able to see with many other cruise lines. I'd love to see a place like St Helena for instance. Granted, i probably wouldn't get three weeks vacation from work, and don't have 8k to blow, but i can imagine it being quite an experience.

I think you have the jist of it right though. It's like "first class" on an airline. Pay a bit more, and get nicer accomodations. I'm not going to pay an exhorbitant rate just for a bit more attention and to have a larger seat, but some people must love to or else they wouldn't have it.
Old June 16th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Passenger

I recently was upgraded to a first class seat on Delta Airlines due to a delay in flights and the upgrade faires were with me. It was my first time flying first class on any plane. I thought I would have extra space but I really didn't because there is a wide metal bar between the two seats that steals a lot of space from my hinney getting more space. I was truly disappointed.
We are supposed to use the wide metal bar to put our drinks on it or put something on it. It really made me unhappy. I had a restless flight because I really couldn't get comfortable. Most of the people looked like their company paid for their first class seats.
I am glad I had the experience because it doesn't really make much of a difference unless you are a drinker and like getting the free drinks. They give you a free meal also. But.... my priority is the extra hinney space.
I think flying is boring unless you fly on an airplane like Jet Blue and Continental that have your own t.v. screen to watch movies and t.v. shows.

I always wanted to go on a Windjammer cruise but it is expensive.
Old June 18th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

I usually sail HAL, but may consider Crystal in the future. I'm not a snob, and I don't consider myself better than other people, I just like nice surroundings and experiences.

For singles, sometimes you can find cruises on the so-call "luxury" lines that are priced lower than the mainstream lines. For instance, RCI is unswerving in charging singles 200%. If you can find a cruise on Crystal that's 125% or 130%, you may pay the same or less than the RCI cruise.

I'm a little broad in the beam, and have never had any problem getting my backside to fit in a first class seat.

Shelby