Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to kg1princess
Default Hawaiian cruise

Hi all,
I am considering a cruise to Hawaii on either September 30/Pride of America or October 1/Pride of Aloha and need to book one soon. Has anyone traveled on either of these ships before that can advise as to if one is more single-friendly over another with activities and hospitality? I am also open to the possibility of sharing with someone with similar interests or background.
Thanks for the input.
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Beginner

Default Pride of America - Hawaii

Yes, I went on PoAM last year but did not participate in any of the singles activities...my roomie and I were too busy enjoying the islands and shore excursions. If you have particular questions, I'll try to answer.

Linda
Old July 12th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Yeoman

Pride of America is a better, newer ship. Has a higher star rating over the Aloha ship. The Aloha ship has had a lot of problems with the staff in the past. Hopefully they have shaped up and are doing better now.

What is most important is to visit the islands. There are plenty of free buses to take you some where in each port. You can also ride on public buses to see some of the tourists places. One bus can take you all around Waikiki.

You should try to stay at least two nights in Waikiki beach in HONOLULU before boarding your ship. You will have a land memory and a ship memory.
Since you live in the east coast you should try to at least spend one night in Waikiki so you can get rested before boarding your ship in Honolulu.

Hawaii ships attracts lots of families and couples. So make sure you book a cruise with a compatiable friend if you need someone to hang out with.